Render of Sony Xperia Z1 Mini front panel shows its face
ETrade Supply has published a render of what allegedly is the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini's front panel. While the screen might be smaller, and with a lower resolution, consider that the phone is supposedly going to rock with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor inside. And you know that 20.7MP camera on the Sony Xperia Z1 that has photo buffs drooling all over their lens caps? That exact same camera is supposed to be on back of the Xperia Z1 Mini.
This is why, when we first brought the handset to your attention in August, we said that this was unlike most other mini-models which cut back on processing power and the camera. Sony has the sense to keep the things that make the Xperia Z1 one of the most eagerly awaited new Android models. The rest of the specs include 2GB of RAM, and 16GB of native storage.
The current buzz around the water cooler suggests a fall unveiling of the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini, perhaps just in time for a holiday launch.
source: EtradeSupply, digi-Wo.com (translated), RBMen (translated) via AndroidCommunity
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This can't be the Honamini.. Large Bezels on the sides
4. surethom (Posts: 524; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Is this irony??? all sony phones have huge bezels including the 5" Sony Z1
9. Lyngdoh (Posts: 230; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Stop complaining about bezels. Sony can make slim bezels( ZL is a proof). This is Xperia P.
13. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yes it's very ironic for this greedy company....
I'am going to pass this Z1, very disappointing decision from sony to release such a stupid designed device... don't tell me about how ugly those galaxy, note or anything else, cuz I've never considered those ugly phones...
14. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Stupid design??? hahaha...
If you think Sony is really stupid, please show me any 5” inch waterproof phone with bezelless body, 1/2.3” camera, 3000 mAh battery, big speaker, S800 and in slim body.
Like it or not those huge bezels and waterproofing will be more useful in daily life situation than bezelless body.
20. buccob (Posts: 2340; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And also more fall resistant... less probabilities for cracked screen..
18. Remmy (Posts: 87; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Sony? Greedy? Then what about Samsung? Charging premium prices on electronics that lack premium and expensive feel? :/
15. vincelongman (Posts: 3327; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hope they announce a Xperia ZL1 soon
2. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Yes!!! that going to be the fastest phone in the planet 1200X720p with snapdragon 800 with that camera its going to a the mini beast though i prefer 5 inch
3. surethom (Posts: 524; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Cant come quick enough, dont like 5" massive phones
5. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
its a render aka someones guess as to what its gonna be like lol my render
I o I
I LOL I
I LOL I
I LOL I
6. wrm2013 (Posts: 196; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I will buy this day one. I hate large phones. Sg2 perfect size..... Just saying
7. SonyPS4 (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I prefer this to Z1 if all rumored spec are true. i dont really like huge phone. 4.3-4.5inch is perfect for me
21. buccob (Posts: 2340; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yeah... I agree though I dislike the virtual buttons tendencies... My friend's Xperia TX has a bigger screen (4.55") than my Xperia Acro S (4.3")... BUT having on screen buttons reduce the screen to about 4.2" (but wider) most of the time... except for pictures and videos...
So at the end of the day I would rather have my 4.3" screen with separate buttons...
Hope the Z1 Mini can be 4.5~4.7"... (but this is a long shot)
8. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Guys remember that 0.1 is for the buttons in the screen sense it has no physical home button
4'' screen is pretty fair
10. mafflambo (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
“no physical home button\".... why r u so sure?
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Putting the Snap 800 in a phone with a 1280x720 resolution seems to be a little in overkill territory. I can't imagine what some of those benchmarks will look like.
12. areeeeez (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
probably fake. looks like xperia p / xperia s front panel
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3649; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I don't want 4.3", I want atleast 4.5-4.7 inches for Z1 mini.
19. Remmy (Posts: 87; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Possible, since the on-screen buttons take space in the overall screen size :D