Qualcomm's lawyers up the theatrics, call Apple's FRAND licensing maneuvers a "sham"
If Apple is not a willing licensee, and in any event there is no risk of an exclusion order (or injunction) shutting down a truly willing licensee, what is the real agenda? It is to shelter the unwilling licensee–the infringer that, like Apple, has no interest at all in paying market-validated royalty rates. It is to ensure that SEP infringers can only be called to account under rules, and in fora, in which they may gain yardage, but can never lose.
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup i guess everyone's gonna take a shot at Apple by 2013...and quite frankly Apple deserves it...the whole company is a sham!
13. maxout (Posts: 32; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
may be 2012 is true for the apple lolz.... Desperate company is suing the whole world in order to suppress the rise of non-apple products and stealthy competition from world wide manufactures.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's right...everyone take a bite each on Apple.
Soon there'll be just the seed pod left...
6. blade19 (Posts: 58; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
lol... we also don't want any seeds left. May spawn of new apples... :)
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I actually don't want Apple to be extinct...just want then the 'endangered species' tag on them. They 'might' learn to to humble down a bit.
I don't think their products are bad, i think they're overpriced and over-rated.
14. maxout (Posts: 32; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
thats the reason i hate on them... :) Apple started with good quality products with high price margin. now with the competition they need to bring them down since the R&D has recovered more than enough and over all company has been profitable. Put a rag on greedy hole else people will chew you out.
3. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
apple sucks anyway... their licensing policies are rubbish... they charge people $30-$40 for their patents but only wish to pay $1 for other peoples patents...
i will not miss apple at ALL...
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6615; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks like 2013 is going to be a bad year for Apple and a good one for everyone else. Karma is a b---h!
5. tuxpower (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
FOSSPatents is a Microsoft/Oracle shill. Just sayin'.
9. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Oh, well.. Apple has just got the dragon snapped..
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Another good company TELLING APPLE IS A BUNCH OF FOOLS and a dumb to sue anyone just because their making money or selling more devices than they are
12. ardent1 (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Smart people know the QC lawyer is SIMPLY FOS. Just look at the HTC - Apple agreement. Apple does license some of it's technology.
But don't tell the android folks, they still don't believe HTC settled with Satan. Btw, for a long time, I was recommending HTC settle with Apple.