Pretty, pretty: new renders show how a big-screen iPhone 6 with metal frame could pan out
1. surethom (Posts: 577; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Very HTC One like & the HTC One is a very nice looking phone
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It reminds me of the mouse that comes with Mac desktop teehee :D
16. intos (Posts: 90; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
aaa the new magic mouse ??? aa no ! the iphone 6 !!
2. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
is it just me or does that look a lot like a Moto X
15. wiiandds (Posts: 64; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
ok, so do you think apple will sue motorola for using there design
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I like it but I don't care for the curved back. It makes a whole lot of sense because it would make the phone feel nicer/smaller in the hand but a flat squared off back should allow for a larger battery and more breathing room. But I get the curve approach.
5. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
It looks like a Samsung Galaxy S3 on the back... and like an HTC One on the front...
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Back looks like a Moto X + LG Flex.
8. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
The back looks very similar to the Moto X and Moto G. Overall nice concept though.
9. papss (unregistered)
I like this look for apple. Looks sleek
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Back looks good, but front upper and bottom bezels doesn't look so good.
10. jcru2001 (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Yes, looks just like a Moto X IMO. and Motorola had better be careful, history has shown if you invent something and Apple thinks of that same invention/design or feature years later....YOU COULD OWE THEM BIG MONEY!!
Revisionist Patenting I believe they call it....anything good came from Apple OR ELSE!!
12. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Its going to look like android..like ios7
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 19136; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm already in line Mr. Cook, hook me up with 2
27. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
You left out: "Apple blind fold in tow" :)
32. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
So he likes apple. Why do you feel the need to mock someone else's preferences?
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 19136; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As if his comments gonna make me stop liking the iPhone. +1
17. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Yea lets make a phone with no side bezel so we can't put a case on it. Idiots.
18. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That extra row of icons, omg omg omg!
Seriously, it looks like someone is taking cues from other OEM, only distinction I see is home button and icons.
19. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
How on earth is nobody noticing the hideously large top bezel?
21. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I don't care how big it is or what it looks like, until Apple drastically overhauls iOS I'll stick with Android. Every time I use an iOS device now, it feels like someone is welcoming me back into the prison that is Apple again.
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2230; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Niceeee. The last render looks awesome, I would love too see a bigger screen iPhone...not a taller iPhone.. :)
23. jcru2001 (Posts: 24; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
iOS 7 has been a mixed bag. I can't force myself to suffer with using an iPhone, but I still use my iPad. I also use several Macs and they all seem to be suffering from the same issue right now....the newest software (iOS7 and Maverick) are laggy, stutter a lot and are not nearly as seamless as what they have been known for. Again, I have several Apple devices, but they are dealing with the same issues that they once made fun of others for....half-baked software enhancements. Maybe Mr Jobs was more instrumental in their success than what I thought.
26. drazwy (Posts: 188; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I'm getting so tired of these renders because they NEVER look anything like them in reality. Just sets expectations too high. No, it will not be that thin. No, it will not be bezeless on the sides.
30. Immolate (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Apple assured me that any screen larger than 3.5" was poor design, so these rumors must be false. Goodness knows, if they could be so dead wrong about the single most important aesthetic element of a smart-phone, then everything they say with the same sense of conviction and authority could likewise be a load of hooey.
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Heck they couldn't increase the number of rows of iCONS?
35. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Where are you going to hold that phone with those ultra-thin bezels without accidentally touching anything? Seems unpractical.
37. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I agree. I dont get these concepts either. Luckily Apple patented palm/thumb rejection for their iPads. As for the bezeless Android craze? Well I guess they'll have to just make do. Or come out with a knockoff version as usual.
36. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
apple wont go for those bezel-less display.. trust me..