Possible prototype Nokia Lumia 950 image emerges
Among those devices we saw reference to the impressive Lumia 920, the current flagship making waves around the world. We also learned of a references to a Lumia 950 and Lumia 1001. While rumors of a Lumia 1000 series device have been floating around, we still know very little overall.
However, the guys at WPCentral were offered a tip by way of a picture of an alleged Lumia 950 prototype. While the picture appears solid, there are some caveats. First, the source is not well known, and the way the home button appears to be a sticker rather than a physical button. That has been see on previous prototypes though.
Spec-wise, one of the priorities with the next generation of Lumias is battery efficiency. The screen is said to be 1280x768 as a part of that goal. The camera, while not a 41MP PureView sensor, will be an improved component over the current line-up, featuring “lossless zoom,” oversampling, better low-light performance and a xenon flash.
The Lumia 950 will debut as part of a “back to roots” campaign, akin to the Nokia N95-era. We are certain that if this device makes it to market, it will feature the various colors that Nokia has made a cornerstone.
What do you think? Is this the real deal of things to come?
Is this the Nokia Lumia 950? Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Is this the LG G3: specs for top-shelf Sprint-bound LG phone leak out
11 Apr 2014, 05:03
Is this the Nokia Lumia 950?
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Could be. But I was expecting an L940 (successor in the lineage - L900 -> L920).
16. Pelle (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
SONY Xperia Z looks better !!!
Nokia copy Sony !
25. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
you know, i'm a sony fanboy, but because of fanboys like you people hate us! i'm gonna thumb you down.
30. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Eh, (s)he's the same dumbass from the GSMArena forums.
33. Muzhhur (Posts: 231; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Thats is just your opinion and I respect that but you must accept this one its wonderfull
15. Pelle (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
To sharp corners.!!!
Even Blackberry 10 is outselling Wp in USA and UK !!!
I love it!
21. rgxVOiD (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
You know you don't have to repeat the same thing in every comment right?
22. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
You know you don't have to poke your nose in every comment right?
31. rgxVOiD (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
You mean my one comment compare to yours "It's a prototype, dumbass" 2 times right after?
32. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I see nothing wrong with repeating the comment if he/she won't stop trolling.
Your comment, on the other hand was entirely useless.
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nokia never uses the digit 4 in their phone's model names. I already knew the next successor will be either number 930 or 950 even before this rumor came up. There wont be a 940.
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
To be precise, after they abandoned the 4-digit naming; those old phones 10 years ago do have the number 4, Nokia 6234, 5140i, 6124 classic etc.
35. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
there is NL930 in pipeline....so wait for this device it will gives u huge suprise.....!!!
2. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Pretty! except for the physical home button
(just my opinion)
7. maxnooze (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
it'd be neat if it lit up and each of the windows colors corresponded to a specific notification
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Awesome!! I know button is not a big deal, but the physical home button kinda reminds me of the Samsung Ativ S. But still, I'm excited!
8. hkxm8 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
This phone remind me of Omnia W and Omnia 7. But i don't think this going to be a new flagship, kind of small and not so premium.
9. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, I agree, this is just a successor of the Lumia 920.
4. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Looks like an OLED display! If it is I will be interested.
5. maxnooze (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
hmm... not the direction one would've expected them to go
13. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 145; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
It looks like one of those nameless WP models Microsoft uses in their presentations. I have a strong feeling it's fake.
Also, I wish Nokia would slow down a little on their naming scheme if their next flagship will be called 950. They would soon run out of numbers and will have to abandon this naming scheme, making phones with three-digit names feel obsolete pretty quickly. At most, their next generation of Lumias should be called 930, 830, 730, 630, and 530.
17. hipnotika (Posts: 177; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
it is too ugly for lumia series. it isnt lumia i think
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it must be prototypes that never gets to market ever
36. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Just a prototype, they aren't about the design but about testing the hardware.
23. mohitmk21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Looks like Lumia 950 from Chinese market :p
29. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
not 41 mp but oversampling?, how many mp then, must be over 20 mp to do a good oversampling
37. raunak (Posts: 490; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Maybe 21. I heard somewhere that 21MP is the limit for WP8 (for now).