OnePlus One will be updated to Android L
OnePlus today promised (via its official forum) that its high-end, yet affordable smartphone would be updated to Android L “within three months” after Google releases the final build of the new OS. As you may know, a similar time frame was given by HTC regarding Android L updates for its One M8 and One M7.
Google said that Android L for regular users would be available starting this fall, which means OnePlus might update the One before the end of the year. Of course, we’re hoping that all other flagship Android handsets will get Android L before 2015 begins.
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
they better work on a new plan to sell the phone in 90 days instead of a damn update
18. techperson211 (Posts: 707; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
This is the imaginary phone. Update? Wow really? Whose gonna use it?
38. MrToucan (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
I am buying a Oneplus this Wednesday. I would love for there to be an update.
7. needa (Posts: 135; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
they will by the time they are ready to update. i have faith in them. you don't want to be able to buy the phone until then anyways. there are hardware bugs being fixed. or maybe they got them fixed on the run they are shipping out now. time will tell.
29. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1140; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
its all bull i have been on the forums doing the stupid contest for months at this point the phone is a waste, if it came out 2 months ago fine but as we are looking its gonna be end of aug, no one will waste the money on the phone due to the note 4 and iphone 6 and a few others, maybe nexus 6 or nexus silver with better hardware and everything else the oneplus is a great little phone just not worth waiting for
sorry oneplus i drop you now
37. black02wing (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Feb 2007)
Your right by the time Normal people can purchase this it will be behind
what do they call it 2014 Flagship killer LOL
9. XaErO (Posts: 157; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Absolutely right .. people got frustrated as they were not able to get one ..
+1 for your comment !!
2. UglyFrank (Posts: 547; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Android L has made me want to skip the S5 Prime/F and get the S6
4. kzat82 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
I guess that's a solid plan if you don't need a new device for another 10 months.
5. needa (Posts: 135; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
so you want touchwiz on top of android L? that does not compute.
12. UglyFrank (Posts: 547; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
It is all depends, the nexus series always has it's drawbacks (e.g. Battery, camera, microsd), samsung has the most well rounded experience
20. km75sr (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2014)
So only people that have nexus devices should be concerned about having the most current version of android? That is essentially what you are saying. Unless I'm missing something. Now that truly doesn't compute. Like i said maybe I'm missing something though. I'm sure all OEMs would love it if they didn't have to worry about updating their devices though. Yes I know android L is basically for development... but at some point it won't be... It will be a final version that all future flagship's will have.
30. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1140; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
think for a second, if android silver forces oems to have android with a little skin of there stuff put into it, then android google gets to update the os when ever they want on play store and they would have complete control, samsung had a meet with google ceo maybe he was saying ok you got tizen how about nexus galaxy line or let us do the upgrades so your not waiting 3 months after the release or a year like some carriers, google becomes like apple they control the phone not the carrier or builders.
25. DnB925Art (Posts: 384; Member since: 23 May 2013)
You can always load CM on a Samsung phone (Dev community I'm sure will make a CM ROM for it) or you can get a Google Play of the version with non-TW ROM ie stock loaded on it.
3. Duketytz (Posts: 514; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I am sure alot of people are going to be happy! Oh wait...
34. Reynolds1 (Posts: 32; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
Yea... it's kind of confusing at this point
10. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
if u wanna get instant update , get the nexus
11. syncronyze (Posts: 98; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Sooooo does that mean that Cyanogenmod is getting updated to L? I don't think they can have stock rooted Android L with theme changes and the like on the OPO within 3 months legitimately.
23. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
CyanogenMod has said that they're going to focus on 11S.
Yeah, they'll probably relase an "L" based ROM at some point, but for now they're all-in with 11S.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3608; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Just more hype from OneTroll. With their track record, it would be completely and utterly shocking if they are even shipping a phone in substantial quantity by the end of 2014.
14. AfterShock (Posts: 2895; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Nexus 6 will make most forget about 1+1, as it will be going for around same price but leaps ahead in performance across the board.
I think they may have wasted their efforts.
Too many delays and hold ups.
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What is your avatar representing?
27. AfterShock (Posts: 2895; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Hmmm, it's a cell tower that caught fire not long after LTE went mainstream.
Burning up the air waves.
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
O I see.
You must like towers and 4GLteA....?
What phones did you have and what phone are you using know?
31. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1140; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
there is no lte A in america yet. why would he like towers,?
24. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Nexus 6... I've been looking forward to having "Rachel" in my hands for a while.
Just hoping Google's secured the necessary licensing to use the Nexus 6 name (if necessary).
17. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Ios 8 was announced some time ago and I dont see apple seeding it anywhere!
What are you.. a unicorn?
26. sagemda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
dude... announcement is a thing, release is other thing.. what are you an unicorn ? learn terms, and for the name The Genius... well you're pretty dumb..
32. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1140; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i announced iphone before iphone did so i should get paid right, wrong announcement and release are the same when you're talking software, hardware is another thing.
33. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
If you were any smarter then you'd have considered other factors about firmware updates before posting this s#it here.
Apple releases ios updates when they are ready to roll it TO CONSUMERS of a SINGLE PHONE.
Google releases updates when they are ready to roll it TO OEMs who make THOUSANDS OF PHONES and then updates are passed on to consumers.
Now, If we were to consider nexus devices .. then nexus divices also get updated on day 1. .. just sayin'
22. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
IOS 8 Announced: June 2nd
IOS 8 Expected release: When the iPhone 6 launches
19. Totse2k15 (Posts: 275; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
21. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Everytime CM switches to a new version it brings tons of problems, the OPO already has buggy software.
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my friend actually just got a OnePlus One and he has 5 invites to sell too if any of you guys are interested.
36. andynaija (Posts: 485; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
If the Nexus 6 comes out soon then I might have to forget about this phone..
39. luvshiv (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
If Anyone wishes to buy OnePlus One 64 GB Sandstone Black Global version ( Please note its OnePlus One 64 GB Global Version), then Please feel free to contact on +919819799592.