Nokia ad says that the 1020 is a "camera first"
1. Bootutu (Posts: 184; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Barely a camera, barely a phone....stuck in the middle of nowhere
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5625; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Maybe more a phone than a camera if it takes 4 seconds to save a pic to memory.
8. freebee269 (Posts: 519; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
when i played with the lumia 1020 it didnt take 4 sec to save the 38mp and 5mp pics. was 2 sec.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5625; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
2 seconds is still sucky. That is easily the difference between getting a pic at a family gathering where someone in the pic has their eyes closed and one in which everyone is eyes open.
13. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1125; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
ahhhhhhh then use smart cam instead of pro cam.
so you got 10 photos in 1 second.
14. freebee269 (Posts: 519; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
If you're worried about someone closing their eyes then use the burst mode. It has that also. Problem solved. Next complaint?
17. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"DON'T FEED THE TROLL"
A troll usually has little or no interest in contributing to the development of the site in question and is interested in some or all of the following:
-Deliberately angering people.
-Breaking the normal flow of debate/discussion.
-Disrupting the smooth operation of the site.
-Deliberately being annoying for the sake of being obnoxious. For instance, using abusive names to refer to all the members on the site.
-Pretending to be profoundly ignorant or stupid, gleaning some weird sense of having "won" when other users subsequently come to believe this.
-Making itself the main topic of interest or discussion.
2. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
camera camera camera did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?
4. -box- (Posts: 3756; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Kind of a shot in their own foot to call it "the first smartphone to put the camera first". 808PV, N8, other prior N-series...? Hell, even the 920 and 928. 1020's great, but they shouldn't forget their own history and the phone's ancestors.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5625; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Everything that went before the L1020 is yesterdays (or last years, or even further back in history) news. It is all about current and immediate future sales.
Of course, if the sales don't materialize, 'the first smartphone to put the camera first' is going to sound a bit on the hollow side.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It doesn't show the os?
That's a kick to the teeth to MS IMO.
All about the hardware huh, go figure.
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Still better than the clunky and worse performing Galaxy crap4 zoom
Most of my pro in photography friends are considering to get a L1020
Sure , their DSLR takes better pics and they would love to have it all the time with them , but its very inconvienient
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1155; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Sorry, but, your camera doesn't matter.
12. juandante (Posts: 294; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Nice links . Say it again !
That's why the 1020 is useless it's to bad to be a phone - WP, and for Facebook pictures the GS3/Iphone 5 is already great ! Flop you missed your point again !
15. jacobspeeds (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
The 808 kicks its ass! Nothing even comes close to that! This is just a bad imitation! It will never beat the original!
16. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
why not.....? its way better than any other camera phone.... good luck nokia