Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat coming on October 28 as per teasers
The first teaser posted by @KitKat reads "Everybody dance now!" and is a reference to a song named Gonna Make You Sweat performed the C+C Music Factory band. Interestingly, the original name of the band is “The 28th Street Crew.”
And then comes today’s teaser with the “This is it” reference. “This is it” is a name of a movie dedicated to Michael Jackson and - interestingly enough - it was released on October 28th. Both teasers share this reference to October 28th, and this does not seem like a coincidence.
Now you might think we are reading too much into this, but an earlier hint about October 18th launch of the Nexus 5 and KitKat was just not realistic (even Google would not risk inviting the press and giving them merely a 2-day warning).
Moreover, this new date falls perfectly in line with last year’s Google announcement of the Nexus 4 that happened on October 29th, 2012. We'd thus bet on October 28th being the real date of the Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat announcement.
31 October Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
17 October New teaser theory puts Android 4.4 announcement on October 21st
16 October Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat coming on October 28 as per teasers
16 October Dancing candy post hints at an Android 4.4 KitKat release date Friday, October 18th
10 October Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 release date pegged for October 15th, say Google Launchpad devs
3. Victor.H (Posts: 406; Member since: 27 May 2011)
And with Apple, Nokia and Microsoft holding launches, I'd just mark the next two weeks!
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7361; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Might as well right?
Side note: PA is going to make $$$$ these next two weeks.
25. CellularNinja (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Google, you make me laugh. Of course you can't just tell us the release date to end our torture, it's not fun enough for you!
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
It could be the 29th 9 - 2 = 7 and 7 is a lucky number
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
It will be on the 18, then the 19, then the 20th and so on until we get the real date XD
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2111; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Sweet, it'll come, just a matter of time as usual.
I figured Oct 29th myself too, but I guess Mon 28th makes more sense.
9. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
It will be 18th (the launch date) and 28th (the release date) . 18th reference comes from today's teaser. Count the kitkat bars on the pic, and if we count them seperately, the total comes to 18 so :)
11. rob5150 (Posts: 102; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Am I not seeing correctly ? 16 pieces, no?
26. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So apparently it was supposed to be announced today ): lol. I'll bet the 28th.
10. Pimz08 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
Rule 39- "There is no such thing as coincidence"
Leroy Jethro Gibbs
16. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
How'd you go straight to Michael Jackson after seeing This Is It
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2337; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes...THIS IS IT...Keep coming...
18. euklidis (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
how about announcement date 18 and release date 28?
23. Doakie (Posts: 1101; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Nothing is stopping you from selling your Note 3 on eBay or Craigslist and buying a Nexus. Note's have great resale value.
21. promise7 (Posts: 294; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
So disappointed Verizon's not going to carry it.
24. sadiqahmed (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
So I've been stuck with a blackberry 9780. I had made up my mind to get the LG G2 or the Nexus 5 but I've been waiting for the nexus 5 to release and make my final choice. I've been waiting for so long. This date better be true.
27. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Everybody dance now! = 17 letters + exclamation mark = 18 signs
28. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 May 2013)
10/28, my bday. Ya think that if I write to google telling them that they'll send me one? *doubt it*
29. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i think it's gonna be on 10-23-2013
stop on 0:09 check out the date also notice the color of the status bar