Nexus 4 gets root/unlock ToolKit
This is a full-featured ToolKit, just like you'd expect and it has all the good options, because this is a Nexus device.
This means you can:
- Unlock/Re-Lock the Bootloader
- Backup/Restore Data
- Perform a Full Nandroid Backup
- Root Stock Jelly Bean builds (up to 4.2.0 JOP40C)
- Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing (no need to move it manually anymore)
- Flash Google Stock Image to phone
- Boot into CWM Touch Recovery without Flashing it
- Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
- Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your phone
- Reboot Phone to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode
It's all command line, but it's all pretty easy to follow along. If you'd like to give it a shot, you will need to be using Windows, and you can grab it at the source.
1. brar.arsh (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Have downloaded this already but still waiting for the new Nexus 4 stock to arrive at play store.. :D
2. jacko1977 (Posts: 388; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
this guy is good i got his root toolkit for galaxy s 3 - nexus 7 - galaxy nexus i just getting this one now :)
4. fistigons (Posts: 262; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
After you root your Nexus and a new version of Android becomes avaliable, how easy is it to update your device. I know with my iPad I have to backup all my apps and contacts. Is it the same or does it update and keep everything?