Motorola prepping new DROID with larger screen for Q4 delivery
There are a couple of ways that this can be accomplished. One way, obviously, is to increase the size of the screen. Another way would be for Motorola to reduce the size of the bezels on the phone. Most manufacturers are doing both with their high-end models. With the larger screen ratio rumored for the device, we wonder if this will end up being the recently rumored 6.3 inch phablet that Motorola is supposedly working on.
While the tipster didn't have any other information to pass along, we would assume that Verizon customers will remain the beneficiaries of Motorola's hard work. The name of the device is up in the air, but we think that a Motorola DROID Quantum would sound just fine.
Thanks for the tip, Vlad!
1. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
really loved the moto x and g..... lets hope this phone includs micro SD card.....
8. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Seriously, who the hell cares/needs a damn FM radio on their smartphone?
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3579; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
People like me in Asian countries where there are no charges and no data required for FM.
15. TheMan (Posts: 444; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
FM...commonly sought feature in Europe and elsewhere, which also uses no data.
For me it's a "nice to have" item, but I'd use it if I had it.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's going to be for VERIZON when u see the DROID NAME it won't be for any other carrier. and plus MOTO will never US SD CARD. until they do i won't buy a MOTO PHONE.
18. SupermanayrB (Posts: 306; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
This, a better camera & infrared. The latter I could do without but definitely a better camera & SD expansion. Those two are the reasons I went from the DROID Maxx to the Note 3. I miss Moto's UI though.
2. jellmoo (Posts: 962; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
"Another way would be for Motorola to reduce the size of the bezels on the phone. Most manufacturers are doing both with their high-end models."
Huh... You might want to send the M8 and Z2 that memo...
5. sgodsell (Posts: 2496; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Have you seen the moto x? The bezels are already small on the moto x. The moto x is 5.09" in height and it has a 4.7" amoled display.
6. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Now that we've solve the problem of the side bezels, let us now focus our attention in dealing with the top and bottom ones.
9. wildhammer (Posts: 56; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
I really loved the moto x and g design. I hope they follow it...
10. Orion78 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Ummm why would you wonder if the sequel to the Ultra be a 6.3 inch phablet? The "Quantum" and the moto phablet are two different phones. One is the follow up to the Droid line and the other is part of the moto x and g line. Stop trying to create confusion for your readers. Thanks.
13. grahaman27 (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
thats bizarre, I agree, but they do need to do something to differentiate it from the moto x. But, making a 6.3 inch phablet is probably not the answer.
16. Orion78 (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Huh? Almost every OEM has their phablet line. Lucky for me, I'm into large screens.
12. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Damn it Motorola I just switched to my Samsung for a Note 3 and now this!!! I guess I may be switching back come Q4...
19. SupermanayrB (Posts: 306; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I did that at the end of January. I went into it hoping that it will be a temporary solution until Moto steps their game up.