Moto Maker is Santa's workshop for your custom-tailored Moto X, exclusive to AT&T
1. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Wow really...exclusive to att... F*** you motorola and att
3. rtol1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Something tells me that Motorola offered other carriers this option, but they decided not go with it... like Verizon.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T always has the highest bids for exclusivity. Moto X won't go far because od price on contract and Moto Maker only for AT&T.
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
no FCK AT&T
10. MrKoles (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I would choose Huawei Ascend P6 over this.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
All we get is "this year". So, within 4 months. It's kind of a bummer that Moto Maker is a AT&T exclusive. I hope they would allow unlocked buyers to use it as well, but it doesn't seem like it.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm assuming you mean until Verizon gets it? I don't know, but knowing them they'll require the "custom engraving" to be a massive Verizon logo that lights up and flashes all sorts of neon colors. Also, backplate color options will be limited to red, black, and a slightly darker red.
7. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Title is misleading, Santa doesn't exist (believe me, I know).
11. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I'm going with the S4 over this because if you can only customize it on at&t, then why sell it on other carrier,and such a dreamcrusher(moto x)
13. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Scratch that, it looks like Phonearena needs to update their website, because Moto Maker is coming to other carriers too.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 2209; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Hopefully... it would be one horrible move if only AT&T had access.
12. rob5150 (Posts: 159; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Did anyone else pick up on misprint on motox "more info" Web page. The one with all the pictures..? It said comes in two sizes 16mb or 32mb I thought I was back in windows 3.1 days
14. rob5150 (Posts: 159; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I should have screenshotted it. It's fixed now
16. persikon (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
What's with the exclusivity, Optimus G pro, then Lumia 1020, now this? At least make it Verizon's, some of theirs are GSM factory unlocked.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Exclusive to AT&T... well, that's hello Galaxy Note 3 for me. This device really had nothing aside from the customization options, but other than that, $199.99 2 year contract, no thanks.
18. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Getting sick and tired of AT&T exclusive 32GB and now this wood finish. how are u going too suppose MOTOROLA going too exceed it's sales surpassing Samsung/Apple AT&T? and what bout those on SPRINT T-Mobile
20. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
90% of the time, if there's any exclusivity involved, it's for AT&T. That's the main reason I stay with them; because they always have the best hardware. The network may suck, but at least I'll look good hitting redial.
21. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I liked the custom-tailored Moto Xs.
22. Mobilephile (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Do people still sign their life away on freaking contracts?! Hahaha... it's 2013, idiots
23. TechDork (Posts: 292; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Well, everyone can't afford to buy a smartphone at retail price off contract...idiot.