Microsoft will take your Apple iPad and give you a minimum $200 gift card
You have to love the way the marketing guys at Redmond worded the offer, saying that Microsoft will accept your gently used Apple iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4. You might want to wait a few days because Microsoft is expected to introduce the next gen Microsoft Surface 2 on September 23rd. The next gen slate is expected to have an enhanced kickstand with two locked positions, and a Tegra 4 under the hood. The 10.1 inch glass will now sport 1920 x 1080 resolution which you might know as FHD.
So if you feel like Microsoft has nailed it with its new ad campaign pitting Apple's tablet against the Microsoft Surface, take your iPad 2 through 4 and bring it with you to your local Microsoft store and see just how much Microsoft is willing to give you toward the purchase of a Surface or anything else on the shelves.
source: Microsoft via ZDNet, Pocketlint
1. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 673; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
how about trading my ipad 4,..for a X-BOX ONE...
2. Shatter (Posts: 1747; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Just sell it and buy a gaming PC. The new consoles suck.
Fx 6300 and a GTX 760 will run you $700 and its way better than the new consoles.
5. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 255; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I, personally, don't like pc gaming. So you see, not everyone likes high end pc gaming. Some of us want consoles.
23. rassouli5 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Exactly like me... And new consoles don't suck! Playstation 4 is a high-end device. It's supe powerful and it comes with amazing feautures!
24. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
microsoft's Xbox One is great but i wish there was no restrictions(Sucks)....im good with Xbox360
PS4 caught my attention this time...sorry MS
10. mcshank (Posts: 47; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Or for people who enjoy the games on console that will never go to PC but at the same time they own a customer built pc and play on it also.
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Mehh., eventually they go on PC.. the top ranked ones anyways
15. taikucing (unregistered)
Can PC play Gran Turismo 5, Forza 4, & other console exclusive games?
I have Core i7 2700K, GTX680, 16GB RAM, 512 GB OCZ Vector SSD but I can't play Gran Turismo & Forza. So, yeah, I need a console.
16. bucky (Posts: 1199; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I have the same pc. I hate console only games but my goodness do games look nice on a proper monitor!
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1176; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I have the core i7 3770, GTX670 4GB,16GB ram, 2TB HDD, GA-Z77X-UD5H, hackintosh OSX/windows 8 PRO, im waiting on GTA5!!! Ha
28. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
gta v haven't been confirmed for pc EPIC FAIL lol
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Their max trade in value is $200 much less than the open market value. This deal don't do anyone much favor.
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Someone's a bit illiterate.
11. mcshank (Posts: 47; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Damn right your mistake, Go jump off the internet bridge now.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Question, is there anything worth buying in a Microsoft store. Maybe a Xbox one when launch but now...?
18. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Luckily its the type of gift card that you could use on hardwares
If its those gift cards that you get but only could be used in apps that would be pretty pointless because Microsoft has no apps !
If i am trading
i would probably get a Surface Pro or Lumia 1020
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Surface Pro 2 with haswell is around the corner. So still better to wait.
19. jaxson983 (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
To late for me. my old job gave me a ipad. I paid for a surface(so much better). But I just threw the ipad away. Didn't pay for it, didn't care enough to try to sell it.
25. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
was that ipad 1???i would only throw it for surface pro
21. sprockkets (Posts: 845; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Next quarter MS will take another 900 million charge on all the rebates they didn't use. /s
26. bwhiting (Posts: 141; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
They probably going to break the iPads that they get and sell them for scrap depending on how they feel about Apple
27. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 253; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Meh. If they gave me an iPad and a minimum of $200 I'd consider getting a Surface, otherwise I'll stick with my Android tablet.