Microsoft is changing the way 'Top Games' are ranked in the Windows Phone Store
Thanks to a memo sent to a Windows Phone game developer that details the new system, it appears that Microsoft has a brand new algorithm for determining if a particular game should be included in the 'Top Games' list. According to the memo, Microsoft now takes into consideration a game's customer ratings, how often it has been pinned or unpinned to the Start screen, and how often the app crashes.
The goal of the change is to reward Windows Phone game developers who make sure that they offer quality games with good performance and high customer satisfaction. That might hurt some of the high volume, but less quality fare that up to now has managed to make the list of 'Top Games'.
Memo from Microsoft details changes in how Top Games are selected for the Windows Phone Store
1. TheGoat (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
The real news in this article is Windows phones having games in their app store.
2. Gaurav008 (Posts: 279; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
2011 just called in. It wants the joke back. GTFO.
3. FadyNabil (Posts: 37; Member since: 10 May 2013)
it have and it have everything,
what do you think?
Asphalt 8 airborne, present
Hill climb racing, present
need for speed , present
Temple run 1&2 , present
flappy bird, present,
candy crush, not yet but there is some alternatives.
yes everything is here in windows phone, and they work perfectly.
5. hurrycanger (Posts: 1234; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It's improving for sure, but there are so many games I have on my Android phones that are not available on WP8.
7. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 381; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
I agree with you but it doesn't have Flappy bird, not the original one anyways..
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
GRAND THEFT AUTO!
That's enough to hold me over for a while...
4. rihel_95 (Posts: 229; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I guess u haven't used WP8 then. Just #Switch and then comment.
9. TheGoat (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
I have used a Windows tablet before. Doesn't even have basic apps like YouTube lmao. Have fun with your third party knockoff apps on your Windows os.
14. papss (unregistered)
One app.. Metro tube and it IS better than the official you tube app.. Go home fanboy you don't know what you are talking about..
17. sbw44 (Posts: 404; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
This guy looks like a complete copy of alterecho or whatever that trolls name!
30. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
LOL... Yeah, but this pathetic troll probably isn't as stupid as him.... Alterecho says that he trolls on WP articles because "stupid WP fans tricked me into buying WP devices 3 times"" and he doesn't want us tricking anyone else...
LMFAO!!!!!!! He's a special kind of special..
18. hurrycanger (Posts: 1234; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
There is one reason it's better: it can play 720p youtube videos on a 480p phone.
Other than that, I don't see any reason to say it's better than the official YouTube app. Well, unless you are talking about the official app on WP8. :P
19. hurrycanger (Posts: 1234; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Oops. Y'all were talking about Windows, not WP...
22. Mafiatounes (Posts: 12; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Well a Windows tab is not a WP8 phone.. And before is something in the past, i've used an iPhone 2 before and it did not have any good apps (not relevant in the present time FYI).
24. smguk (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
Duh Surface has full internet browser the YouTube site works fine who the hell needs apps only little numptys like you.
32. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Third party apps are usually better, at least on WP devices they are... You have to be a idiot if you're not using them on your platform..... You also have to be a idiot if you think trolling is the road you should take... Are you trolling?
36. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i have a 1020 nokia, the only great thing about this phone is the camera and the feel and touch of the phone, the ugly bathroom tiles and the messy tiles that i have to look up, down, left, right, and everywhere to see if has anything has been alerted. everything is comlicated and takes time to go from a to z.
even has hardly any major apps and games
no file manager
loads a reason not to own a nokia phone cause of the less feauture emty platform os.
41. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You didn't notice the tiles in the store when you bought the phone?.... You don't have a Lumia 1020, or any WP device for that fact...
Stop trolling, and most of all do not reply to me with crap that you know that I either don't agree with, or don't care about.
50. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
im a nokia lover
my avatar name is
NOKIA8800 SAPPHIRE ARTE
HAVE YOU EVER OWNED NOKIAS 8SERIES?
NOT EVERYONE COULD AFFORD TO BUY THEM
EVERYONE HAS AND CAN BUY IPONES, EVEN KIDS
4 DEVICE I OWN IS
51. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
OOOO must have i hit the nerve.....
59. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
"Must have I hit the nerve"... WTF does that mean?
68. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It means that you're limited for one week! Finally!
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 1234; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It doesn't have a huge selection of games like on Android or iOS, but there are still many games available. That joke is not that funny anymore, lol.
40. sip1995 (Posts: 923; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
GEEEZ... we have xbox live sync, achievements and more.
15. papss (unregistered)
No the real news would be if the android trolls would stop acting like narrow minded morons. I know your IQ can't fathom that and its alright.
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That was pitiful... You should really feel ashamed of yourself..
I feel embarrassed for you..
8. VLaRueC (Posts: 129; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I have NBA Jam on my Nokia. Not on Android. Guess my Note 3 can't handle the game?
42. sip1995 (Posts: 923; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
With emulator...haha okay so this this is the only way to play some games on the android...what if someone won't any emulators or he just don't know a sh#t about them....then what, let me guess he will wait until the official come out, right ?
10. Sauce (unregistered)
Whats a Windows Phone Store? LOL
21. Mafiatounes (Posts: 12; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Apparantly something beyond your knowledge! LOL
26. Sauce (unregistered)
I knew that would piss someone like you off, lololol.
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The fact that you're looking to piss someone off is pathetic... But, by now it's clear that's what you are.. So, are you a troll?
35. Sauce (unregistered)
Why is Rodneye asking if I am a troll, of all people? LOL.
37. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
cause rodney is so jealous....
44. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
How do I troll?.. Post a link showing me trolling.
38. Sauce (unregistered)
The fact that I stated my comical opinion and knowing my stance on the topic would piss a fanboy off validates me as a troll? You sir, must be living backwards.
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
thats right, anything negative you say about nokiawp, rodney will call everyone a troll, well rodney is a big fanboy himself that he himseld amites that wp shares are stuck on 4% is making rodney go insanse and crazy that he kicks of .
android and ios fans are full of themselfs unlike rodney, sad, unhappy
48. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're not only a troll, but you're obviously 4.. WTF are you talking about?... Wait spare me.. It's not like you're gonna make sense anyways..
Looks like you found another pathetic troll, like yourself, to side with you.. Typical.
55. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You just explained EXACTLY what makes you a troll... Seems like you're beginning to understand a little bit... Now we're getting somewhere..
58. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
see you going off topic
you call others troll when u are one rodney
61. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Explain how I went of topic..
Explain how I'm a troll...
In English please!
66. Sauce (unregistered)
Let me break this down in DUR DUR DUR terms.
1- I stated MY opinion
2- I added humor
3- I pressed "POST COMMENT"
4- I knew that pressing "POST COMMENT" would submit my comical opinion.
5- After completing steps 1-4, I knew that my negative opinion would anal rape your egotistical mind, being butthurt in the end after a passive diehard defensive stand for your beautimus company of choice.
6- I foresaw the future.
7- I must be a psychic, or a magician now.
8- Just kidding, steps 1-5 logically classified me as a Troll.
9- I guess I'm a Magical Psychic Troll.
43. sip1995 (Posts: 923; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Okay go to play with your cydia until you will be able to test the apps before you pay for them.
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
ios has cydia
android has root
what does wp have nothing even no dev support
do you really call that a platform
49. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Then why did you buy a 1020? For the camera only?.. Because that's stupid.. There's a lot of dedicated cameras that cost much less, and take way better pictures.....
Please... You don't have a 1020, and you're just a pathetic troll.. And, don't complain when I call you that because that's what I'm gonna keep doing until you learn... Which isn't likely..
53. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
cause i like love nokia
great camera phones by nokia
had them all
56. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Didn't I tell you not to reply to me with crap, troll?... I know who you are.. The horrible, 2nd grade grammar is obvious... Just another pathetic troll who isn't just a pathetic troll, but a pathetic liar as well..
60. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
ab hominem attack
losing the temper poor sad rodney
64. sip1995 (Posts: 923; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Some ios users don't want to pay for the apps.
Some android users don't like the lag on their phone, that's why they download custom roms.
Wp has dev suppport. and yes i call Windows Phone an OS.
11. mrcrangle (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)
I've just rejoined the WP app ecosystem having swapped my One for a 1520. Love my 1520, and whilst there's a lot of stuff on WP that matches Android and IOS there are notable omissions. Miss Clash of Clans (though installed Bluestacks on my laptop and can still get my fix!) for example. A lot of WP apps are still below par compared to their Android counterparts (Deezer, for example) and the lack of an official Sonos app is a pain for me. That said, I wouldn't swap my 1520 for anything else right now, and here's hoping the 'app gap' will continue to close...