The A7-50 is a budget offering with a surprisingly nice set of specs - a 7-inch 720p HD display, a MTK8121 1.3GHz quad-core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, a pair of 5MP rear and 2MP front fixed-focus cameras, and a hearty 3450mAh battery. It will be sold in Wi-Fi-only, and Wi-Fi & 3G-connected variants, and it will run Android 4.2 out of the box, while eligible for an upgrade to KitKat.
The Lenovo A7-50 will be priced at an affordable $129 before taxes for the Wi-Fi only variant, and it will be available starting in May 2014. The A7-50 has a lot going for the price - it has a HD display, two-to-four times the storage capacity of most competitors in its price range, it's made from a reputable vendor, and it will run Android 4.4.
Lenovo TAB A-Series
- A7-50's 7-inch, wide-view HD display reveals sharper text and web pages for the optimal reading and viewing experience
- A8 comes in a range of bold color options to suit different personalities and styles, while providing total entertainment on the go
- A10 equips users with a reliable tablet compatible with an optional Bluetooth keyboard, which acts as a stand for hands-free multimedia viewing, a keyboard for endless productivity and a protective cover.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – April 8, 2014: PC Plus leader Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) today announced a line-up of new A-series Android tablets, offering configurations and screen sizes to match consumer needs for both ultra-portable tablets and multimedia performers. The portfolio, which also boasts quad-core computing power for a responsive, smooth tablet experience, will be available starting in the second quarter 2014. The new range starts with A7-50, the affordable on-the-go reading companion with a 7-inch, wide-view HD display for sharper text and web pages, while the larger screen A8 is the mobile “home entertainment” center that comes in a variety of bold colors to suit different personalities and lifestyles. Rounding up the new A-series is the A10, which is equipped with a superb 10.1" wide HD display and Dolby® enhanced dual front speakers for an amazing movie watching experience on the move.
- A7-50, Crystal Clear Multimedia Reader: The Lenovo TAB A7-50 is the ultra-portable on-the-go reading companion for those on a budget. The 7-inch, wide-view HD display reveals sharper text and web pages. Powered by a quad-core processor and equipped with a 2MP front-facing camera and 5MP rear camera, it’s the perfect companion to read, surf, and stay connected with friends.
- A8, “Home Entertainment” On the Move: The Lenovo TAB A8 provids total entertainment on the go. The sharp, colorful 8" HD display plus Dolby® audio and responsive quad-core power make it the perfect choice for playing games, watching videos, listening to music, socializing with friends and more.
- A10, Ultra-Mobile Multimode Powerhouse: The Lenovo TAB A10 is a versatile tablet powerhouse that offers a quality productivity experience anywhere, anytime. Compatible with an optional Bluetooth keyboard, the A10 enables users to take full advantage of the 10.1-inch HD screen whether they are watching movies in “Stand” mode or browsing the web in crystal clear definition. And at less than 9mm thick, the A10 is a comfortable, lightweight companion for uber-mobile users.
“Lenovo’s latest A-series tablet family is designed to meet the demands of today’s young, active users who are always on the go, and have lifestyle requirements that are as diverse as their own personalities. With these latest additions to our tablet portfolio, we’ve introduced devices that speaks directly to each consumer’s habits, whether it’s enjoying music,
reading e-books or watching videos on the go,” said Shao Tao, vice president Lenovo and head of Mobile BU, “Our Android family of tablets will appeal to users around the world as we’ve built our products to be highly flexible to serve multiple needs and budgets.”
Pricing and Availability
Models of the Lenovo TAB A7-50 Tablet start at $129 and will be available beginning in May 2014.
Models of the Lenovo TAB A8 start at $179 and will be available beginning in May 2014 at select retailers.
Models of the Lenovo TAB A10 start at $249 and will be available beginning in May 2014 at select retailers and www.lenovo.com.
For the latest Lenovo news, subscribe to Lenovo RSS feeds or follow Lenovo on Twitter and Facebook. The press kit is available at: http://news.lenovo.com/CES2014.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$34 billion personal technology company – the largest PC maker worldwide and an emerging PC Plus leader – serving customers in more than 160 countries. Dedicated to exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the Company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as mservers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo, a global Fortune 500 company, has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.