LG teases the G Watch R, and you probably know what the "R" means
9. CyberFalcon (Posts: 183; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
No Moto 360 is ridiculously beautiful....
21. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2310; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
no moto was beautiful and like i said last month they waited to long and now all the round android wear watches capitalizing on the newer tech and the corrections from the first gen they did,
i am sorry to say moto has doomed them selves
29. needa (Posts: 199; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
i don't know if they waited too long... or if they teased too early. either way... this lg watch looks like crap in comparison.
i would also like to point out that another company is actually referencing moto in their ad. as in they know moto is a threat. that is a pretty big compliment.
37. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1087; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It doesn't look like crap, it looks like a regular watch. Not everyone likes geeky looking watches, and the Moto 360's black bar at the bottom which houses the light sensor looks bad, very bad. This is coming from someone who absolutely detested the first G watch design.
16. Phonedingo (Posts: 317; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)
Why did their watch suddenly stop working?
27. Busyboy (unregistered)
No, but their watches already got replaced by something better in a couple months time.
32. vincelongman (Posts: 2750; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
G Watch owners already knew the much better Moto 360 is being released soon, at least now LG has a decent competitor to the Moto 360
35. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1320; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm not surprised one bit. They can't wait a full year to bring something new to the table. You either keep releasing product or get left behind.
And I wouldn't mind buying the first LG watch if it hits below $90.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Kudos to LG. Looks like a good design -- completely round, button on the side for easy access.
4. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Samsung knock off LG can't come up with anything original, now copying Motorola.
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Because Motorola is the only company in the world that has the rights to produce and sell a circular smart watch, right?
22. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2310; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
well art moto does have the pattern rights to the round display from 2007 i am not sure how far it extends but i think the others will be paying moto. but no one will care about moto it did not come out after the hype.
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
" LG can't come up with anything original, now copying Motorola."
Because Motorola invented the round watch? Lol.
Besides, only Apple has enough money to pay the USPTO for the "round smart watch" patent :)
12. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I really wonder, what will you say after samsung released rounded smartwatch ?
30. banglazbless (Posts: 55; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Samsung have a patent for round face back in 2010, I'll advise you to go look that up before you start your "Samsung copy Moto 360" design argument when it arrives. I Don't know when LG decides to make a round watch but it certainly looks like a me too type of thing or better yet do it before Samsung does lol.
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
BTW. These round displays on watches remind me of the Sharp display that can be put to any shape. I thought it's the only display that can be other than square, but I believe that's not the case then? What's the difference in that Sharp display then? Yeah this question might sound stupid but anyways :)
Here's the link:http://www.phonearena.com/news
7. xperian (Posts: 183; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
looks better than square watches but i like moto360 more
10. fzacek (Posts: 2466; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I can already feel that this going to be a fail...
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Everyone will remember you are really "Round Pink Cat" :)
11. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I like it but it doesn't look like an LG design... It just looks like a stereotypical watch. The Moto 360 is at least more unique.
13. dil2abu (Posts: 216; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I still don't understand the needs of a smartwatch.. Smartphone is more than enough for now..
24. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2310; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
thats because you dont have one and you cant appreciate the use of the watch v getting the phone out every notification or make text or calls
14. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Just like tablets smart watches are sorta useless...
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's early on with the smart watch technology. Give it 3-5 years and these things will be much cheaper and ubiquitous, just like Casio watches. The batteries will last a lot longer, perhaps even indefinitely, like the Citizen Eco watches.
42. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
My one Eco drive is pushing seven years with same rechargeable battery, little over projected five year life on it
28. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
The first few generations of most technology is not that great. Once technology is designed more for this purpose the abilities of a smart watch will unfold and possibly even replace the phones of today.
But smart phones will continue to evolve and advance so I think watches will trail for a long time.
17. Phonedingo (Posts: 317; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)
In any event smartwatches are in their infancy stages. Detractors who wonder whether or not they're useful are right in a sense. But as more specialized processors come out, and the convergence of strengths of other platforms/features take place (pebbles battery life, wireless charging, Qualcomm's mirasol display, ir blasters, etc). It'll be fairly compelling imo.
23. Phonedingo (Posts: 317; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)
Then you should totally sign up for one ;)
25. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2310; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i was going to say he should get 10
34. rob5150 (Posts: 147; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Do you realize that the Moro 360 does not have a truly round display? The watch is physically round, but the display has a black border on the bottom. Not so beautiful now huh?http://www.phonearena.com/news
38. n00b_wolf (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
I can't wait to see actual photos and videos of the watch. Hopefully it lives up to its hype
39. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Seems to be as beautiful or probably even more beautiful than the unobtanium moto 360!
41. ddeath (Posts: 167; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Looks good! I can't wait! Moto 360 is nice too, but they really took their time to release it. Now they got a direct competitor on their heels. If LG release it to the market before they do, it would be a slap in their face. Then they should probably sack their marketing team.
43. Taters (Posts: 4732; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks like my Bulova but with a plastic band. I like the 360 Movado look better but the 360 might be too big and this one not so much. Tough decision....
45. darkvadervip (Posts: 364; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Guess I'll add my 2cents but correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't samsung knock off HTC sense with developing touch wiz. So people stop saying who is knocking off who. Just like apple ain't the first in making products but they make it from a regular product to a great product.