Kuo: Reversible Lightning cables will not ship with the Apple iPhone 6
The new Lightning connector is reversible on both ends, including the USB side of the cable. It obviously is more of a convenience for some iDevice users, who won't have to fumble in the dark to make sure that the connector is in the correct position. Kuo says that the new Lightning cable brings "limited improvements to overall user experience," and isn't worth the additional cost to Apple to include them in the box.
Apple will no doubt offer the reversible Lightning cable as an accessory to be offered to compatible iOS devices. The Apple iPhone 5 was the first iPhone to accept the Lightning cable, instead of the 30-pin connector that had been used since the original Apple iPhone launched in 2007.
source: 9to5Mac via BGR
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man tomorrow, and 9-9 are gonna rock. Note and 6 for ya boy.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oops my bad lol, I'm ahead of myself lol. Thanx +1.
12. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1805; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
this is such bull the reasoning not included is because I don't own the rights to the patent for the device
2. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 708; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Good 'ol Apple... Make sure to use a custom cable, and charge your customers extra for the latest model.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oh lord, more apple attacks. Simply don't buy it.
3. brrunopt (Posts: 613; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
This will be Apple's excuse to keep lightning (and ripping off customers on cable prices) instead of changing to USB Type-C
11. E.N. (Posts: 2419; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
They don't need reversibility as an excuse to keep the lightning cables...they'd keep it regardless.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6895; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
More money in apples pockets ripping off its own consumers.
4. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Typical apple style, just watched beats by dre video by marques brownlee , the same s**t with iphones . Overrated products
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Marques is a helluva reviewer. He looks awfully young to be doing it though. He's got a baby face.
8. Malki (Posts: 68; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Ok, he is young, but 10 times better than other reviewers
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep, he doesn't beat around the bush. One of my favorites. Gotta shave the unibrow though lol
15. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
That's ok may be ipong 7 will come with that feature. ooppss... or ipong 6s