Here's a $90 tablet: pre-owned BlackBerry PlayBook goes on sale today only
The PlayBook on sale is pre-owned, but the asking price is just ridiculously low. The 7-inch tablet first sold for $499 when it launched last year. The tablet has got a 7-inch 1024x600-pixel screen, a 1GHz dual-core Cortex A9-based processor and 1GB of RAM. Moreover, you get a 5-megapixel rear and 3-megapixel front cameras
The PlayBook charges via microUSB and you can easily hook it up to an HD TV via its micro HDMI port.
On the downside, it’s a bit on the heavy side at 14 plus ounces and has little apps. But the user interface is awesome, and that price... Hit the source below to get it - the deal only lasts today.
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
50 bucks and you got a deal. Not worth even 90
5. Piotrek007 (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
What ??!! Show me better tablet for 90$ !!
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
It isn't worth $90 even if there is a better tablet.
These are getting handed out for free to developers.
The playbook will be less than $50 soon.
2. lauremar (Posts: 178; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Can it be upgraded to the newest Blackberry 10 OS? If yes, I'll take it for that price, otherwise it's worthless...
9. imkyle (Posts: 911; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
BB said in Mid 2012 that they were going to upgrade this to BB 10. Hoping so, .
3. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
$90 sounds pretty good to me...this thing is selling on ebay in the 130 range. It may not support all the apps that are on iOS or Android but how many apps do you really need??? i used about 20-30 apps tops. Playbook was a solid offering from Blackberry I thought.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2448; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I wouldn't even pay a quarter of the price for it.
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
But you'll pay 5 times the price for a novelty that does half as much. Genius.
8. ocilfa (Posts: 210; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The Playbook is an exceptional tablet. I have yet to hold another tablet that equals the overall build quality of it. Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never used one before. For $90, you are in no way getting ripped off.
10. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Agreed. Build quality is very good and the form factor is nice. As far as it being "heavy" at 14 oz, what? 14 oz isnt heavy at all.
12. techloverNYC (Posts: 143; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
With the amount of apps bb is packing im going to pass.
13. gmacattacks (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Can't android apps be side loaded on it?