HTC shares jump more than 20% in two days as investors get on the HTC Vive bandwagon
2. drunkenjay (Posts: 887; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
as i said before. the only reason htc is barely surviving is due to the vr and not their handsets.
tbh i lost my wow on htc phones since the m7. camera is just garbage tbh,
might as well make quad speakers and remove the camera altogether since even if i take a picture of my hand it ends up as some other "races hand"
8. mixedfish (Posts: 1177; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
How can they be surviving on VR if they haven't even released the headset yet.
3. nebula (Posts: 576; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Don't expect much from the smartphone division. It has been gradually abandoned after M7 and hardly will be taken care care off. Vive is the future for them. At the end of the day they have to make money and they don't in phone arena. Cha cha PhoneArena :)
6. MrMiyagi (Posts: 40; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
This is good news for HTC I guess...but considering Samsung & Xiaomi are also kings in this category, I just think this is all 'Initial hype'
9. mixedfish (Posts: 1177; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Unlike HTC partnering with Steam, Samsung and Xiaomi have an absolute 0 chance of ever become content producers to support the VR ecosystem. If they only aim to make money from hardware then they will only end up being undercutted by new competitors who can make copies for less money.
12. MuddyCow (Posts: 67; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
Agree, this is totally on a different level.
16. w1000i (Posts: 73; Member since: 22 Jul 2015)
What r u talking about ??!!
This VR is real thing and for high-end PC only
14. joelcane (Posts: 19; Member since: 05 Mar 2016)
Htc is done, they are dead to me. They should just give up on their mobile division and focus on vice.
25. Eclectech (Posts: 217; Member since: 01 May 2013)
HTC is not done. I plan to buy their next flagship phone and I've been far happier with their past phones then I've been with this Galaxy S6 I currently have.
23. Eclectech (Posts: 217; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Yay!!! I'm so happy for HTC. I'm pulling for them, hoping they succeed. Compared to Apple, Samsung, LG and other Chinese OEMs, HTC is very small, but they keep trying and I respect their tenacity.
27. anotherfan (Posts: 42; Member since: 28 Sep 2015)
Let's hope they make more, because their smartphones are way better than a lot of smartphones out there, their ui is the best one that i've ever seen, they need to improve on camera and they need to promote their products well.