HTC, not Asus, may build the Nexus 8 tablet coming in Q3
1. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is actually great news, hope it is built from aluminium.
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1862; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
*Drooling... That will push me to buy a Nexus tablet o.O!!
18. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1194; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Forget that, nexus cant be unibody aluminum with that price point, google barely makes any profit at all from nexus devices, they are meant to be a showcase for the vanilla android and not showcase of design and quality materials. Which is great if you ask me.
25. LikeMyself (Posts: 391; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
No it will be of metal and all goodies, but will have 0.7 MP Ultrapixels to ruin it coz it's HTC's moto to make everything perfect and then replace some crucial elements to ruin it.
26. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1862; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'll be okay if HTC uses 0.7 MP Ultrapixels camera on a tablet haha Bc I don't ever take pictures with a tablet anyway :P as long as they put BoomSound speakers on that baby
37. sgodsell (Posts: 2580; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Its a tablet. Who cares what kind of camera it comes with. Just as long as the display, sound, weight, battery life, CPU, GPU, memory, and storage are really good. Then they will have an excellent tablet. Because it will have Google's latest software and updates.
If the HTC tablet has dual boom sound stereo speakers, then I would buy one without being aluminum.
38. doublevisionsfc (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Aug 2014)
A lot of people use the cameras on their tablets, so I think some people do care.
I actually prefer the rubbery ish feel on a tablet.. an all aluminum tablet seems weird to me. Def hope they improve the speakers tho.
2. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Hope HTC still alive until releasing the tablet.... It's sad to see a company design such great phones like Dream, HD2 or One dying.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
might be their last hurrah ...they started the Nexus line and now they are to end it ..alpha to omega
19. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1194; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
BB is in deeper sh-iit and they still got 2 years to go by just with the cash saved. They have a a dying OS, phones that cant be compared to android and you are talking likie this is the last year of HTC who has much more marketshare than BB, has a solid name in android community and makes great phones despite being in decline. In worst case scenario HTC has 3-4 years to fail as much as they like before being worried of going bankrupt or dying.
23. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
You neglect a fact that BB have their BBM, a solid foothold in enterprise market, and a worldwide fanfare. There are still quite some people using a BB OS7 phone and to keep their habits they don't want to switch to another brand so soon. Meanwhile in Android it's easy for us to jump between HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG. More direct competition, faster it dies.
3. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome. Been waiting to get my first tablet for a while. Want a Nexus but didn't want to get one until HTC was put back in charge of building it! Hurry up and release it.
5. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 802; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It's been a long time HTC didn't make a Nexus and a tablet.
6. PadFone (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Hi guys im so sorry that i am asking this question here but this was one of the latest news posted.I want to buy a smartphone and i am thinking between sony xperia t, sony xperia v,blackberry z10 or nexus 4.Please help me to chose the best.Tnx!!!
17. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
@PadFone That's a huge matter of opinion there. My main question to you before giving any advice is what kind of user are you. Essentially what do you use your phone mainly and how much do you want to spend? That's generally the first thing I ask anyone when they ask me for phone advice.
36. PadFone (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I totally understand you.I have huge problem.In my country smartphones are so expensive and because of that i can't get the right decision.I am using my phone to watch videos,I am spending a lot of time at social networks like facebook and I like taking pictures and making videos on my phone so please could you help me chose?
7. express77 (unregistered)
I am fine with 4mp 'ultrapixel' camera in a tablet.
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 802; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It would make the camera inferior than N7(2013).
11. htcforlife (Posts: 62; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Gimme the same good build quality
and a 8mp camera
and take my money!!!!!!!!
Finally the wait is coming to an end(I hope so!)
13. CreeDiddy (Posts: 559; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I would like to see Google become Apple-like and that is cut out all of the manufacturing partners and build Android on their own from hardware and software.
14. Totse2k15 (Posts: 368; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Good to know. HTC over Asus for me.
Beastly specs, front boomsound speakers, aluminium built and nice design, please, HTC.
29. hurrycanger (Posts: 1534; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It's up to Google, lol.
Look at the LG Nexus 5 and the Asus Nexus 7 2013.
20. amats69 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
A tab with boomsound? Yes please! Apple u better watch out...
21. Commentator (Posts: 3136; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Don't get your hopes up that this will be of pristine aluminum build with Boomsound speakers. This is a Nexus, which means that if recent history is anything to go by it will be made out of soft-touch plastic with no HTC-branded technologies at all (which, good news, means there also probably won't be an Ultrapixel camera).
Look at the Nexus 7 and the Nexus 5: There's nothing about them that would indicate they're made by either ASUS or LG. Google is codifying what they want their Nexus line to look like, and right now that means dark, sleek, minimalist slabs, and leaving manufacturer-specific touches to Google Play Edition devices.
24. Qbancelli (Posts: 75; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
"dark, sleek, minimalist slabs"
Exactly how I want my mobile devices.
27. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Would like to see a Nexus 6 inch phablet...
28. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
but Asus still did a good job in it right? Why change? Or Asus will produce 7" while HTC 8" ?
31. Taters (Posts: 5746; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
God please no! The last thing I want is a rattling and loose volume rocker on my Nexus devices.
If you think the quality control on current Nexus devices are bad, you ain't see nothing yet until you join the HTC quality control party or lack of one,
32. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
God please no! The last thing i want is a rattling and loose mouth on PhoneArena's comments.
34. true1984 (Posts: 696; Member since: 23 May 2012)
do you work for samsung or something? and honestly why do you feel the need to bad mouth htc everytime you post?
35. Taters (Posts: 5746; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No I do not work for Samsung. Why do I feel the need to badmouth them? Well, it's not because of their success because they are bleeding money and are dying slowly.
Probably because they suck and deserved to be bad mouthed.