HTC One gets Android 4.2.2 OTA in the UK and the Netherlands
Among the new goodies that we can confirm are:
- BlinkFeed now supports streaming content from Instagram,
- “Photo Sphere” panorama photos,
- Lock screen improvements – widget support, the ability to swipe directly to the camera,
- Daydream screensavers,
- The demise of the black bar of horror: the triple dot menu that appears inside of some apps is gone, long pressing the back key will now serve as the new menu button,
- Support for Quick Setting tiles,
- Battery percentage has been added,
- Improvements to the camera and Zoe,
- General bug fixes and performance enhancements
Exactly when the new version will reach the coast of the US is yet unknown, but we imagine it's next in line.
source: HTC UK, HTC Netherlands
2. abdane (Posts: 478; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i just did the update from the middle east, and it is amazing, it fixed my sound latency issue i had, well not 100% but now it is way better, finally no more ugly menu bar... now next, HTC don't be late on KLP please !!!
3. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You sir are an idiot. Bringing up fragmentation argument on an article about a HTC Sense update.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4138; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You should learn to read. The article is about HTCOne getting 4.2.2
6. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Again. Update is upgrading Jelly Bean to Jelly Bean. What fragmentation? This update is all about HTC Sense 5 tweaks and patches.
5. bibli2oo3 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
HTC One (German Vodafone - CID: VODAP102) just updated in Karachi, Pakistan.
Version: 126.96.36.199 (430.05 MB)
7. sadiqhashim (unregistered)
What? HTC left us using American unlocked version to wait till 2014 to get the piece this update. Slowest update ever from Taiwan, can't imagine Peter doing this to me.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think they're sending out the updates for the unlocked variants based on how much were sold in that country. I'm sure not many people bought the unlocked variants in the U.S, so that's at the bottom of their list. However, the U.S carrier versions sold a lot, and HTC probably already sent the update to the carriers to be tested. You'll still get your update before them, though.