HTC One (M8) for Windows is here - WP 8.1 in a premium, metal package
HTC One (M8) for Windows images
1. Antimio (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
On-screen buttons? is this new? (not being sarcastic,I just don't know if there's another WP with on-screen buttons, and if there is, I never knew!)
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, the Nokia Lumia 630 and 530 has on-screen buttons as well.
13. Antimio (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
Thank you for that. I guess I need to do my homework
2. brar.arsh (Posts: 158; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Exactly same hardware, XDA devs can port WP 8.1 on Android handset I guess if HTC releases RUU for WP.
6. T.Law (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2014)
It won't matter since they won't be selling tons of these anyway.
8. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Who gives a dime! I will be buying it, and I'm sure many TRUE WP fans will be buying it as well. It's not that the Android version is selling like hot cakes!
11. hurrycanger (Posts: 1289; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I agree with you. I'm sure some true WP fans will buy it too, especially if they like Metal or they were a fan of HTC phones (let's say... from an HTC 8x user)
16. Jason78 (Posts: 73; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
How is $600 a good price?
Edge Pricing: $30 x 20 payments = $600.
7. RobVLC (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
Benchmarks comparing HTC one M8 for windows and the android one please!!. Which one has got better performance?
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 1289; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Verizon exclusive is not cool. It's just gonna hamper the success of this device.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I agree. Since HTC has a good footing with most US carriers, this phone should have been released on all major carriers.
10. NateAdam8 (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
This exclusive thing could be another way for companies to be trying to Kill Windows Phone 8/8.1 cause all they're doing is shooting it and themselves in the foot.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I hate exclusives. They will never sell if you pit it on only one carrier. But a beautiful device on a Windows platform.
15. tigermcm (Posts: 750; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
whats the off contract price is my question
17. farzad_funny (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Great design and great specs. Your move Nokia.
But it seems to me that HTC didn't sell enough of M8 so some remained in storages and simply changed the OS to sell those remains. Hence Verizon exclusivity.
Still it's too funny and desperate to be true but with their recent financial reports maybe it's true.
Heck, who gives a damn. Maybe HTC cam flourish in Windows Phone like the old days.
At least so far this is the definitive phone for WP 8.1