HTC Dream a.k.a. T-Mobile G1 gets some Jelly Bean love thanks to CyanogenMod 10
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Like you said Nick its just for fun and giggles......still cool to see tho right?........ NOW UPDATE NEWER DEVICES TO JELLYBEAN! lol
2. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
yeah!!!! I hope they can update all devices to atleast ics... see even 528mhz can run jellybean!! with a few tweaks there and here , it could be smooth :D
5. yowanvista (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Porting newer versions of Android is possible but obsolete hardware might not provide a smooth user experience. Not to mention ICS & JB that require hardware acceleration. Those would be extremely unusable on such dated hardware.
9. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
they don't want to update all devices because they want to force customers to buy new devices with the update.
thedon't want to upgrade Galaxy S customers because they want them to buy a Galaxy S2/3/nexus
3. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Still not too happy at the cm team for dropping support on the nexus one
12. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Get over it, the Nexus One had a crippling lack of storage. Gingerbread is exactly where the Nexus will stay.
13. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
but even the way slower g1 can run jb
14. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Sure, at the cost of making it so that removing your SD card would likely cause the whole phone to crash and go into reboot loops until you put it back in, pulled the battery, and starting the phone back up.
Not enough internal storage is crippling, and devices from the Nexus One era all have this lack of storage. Since no one is updating a Snapdragon S1 phone to ICS, it's all going to be very hacked together and not a particularly good daily driver anyways.
4. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
The beauty of android, if you're determined, even one of the oldest devices can run the latest software .... can't say that about a certain sue happy company can we?
6. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
And they said the Galaxy S and Optimus 2X can't run ICS? LOL'D
7. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Optimus 2X doesn't have the right drivers from nvidia right now. optimus 2x uses the older tegra 2 drivers that werent designed for ICS.
And althought there are so many unofficial jb/ics ports on xda of 2x/g2x all of use hax/gb drivers and thats why their ports aren't that complete
Galaxy S, I see no reason why not. Evo design can have it well galaxy s should have it too. well theres always unofficial on xda right now
10. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Eh, my Sony Tablet S using Tegra 2 runs ICS perfectly.
15. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
even the nexus s which is a carbon copy of the hardware of the gs has jellybean.
8. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
jelly bean is really smooth and fast on my device. project butter works and my device has same processor with G1 so with optimuzation and over clock, it should run jelly bean pretty awesomely except video play back which this device will never have because of lack of drivers
plus, the suystem partition is too small for google now
11. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Is there anything Cyanogen Team can't do?