HTC 8X, 8S and 8V to be the company's eventual Windows Phone 8 portfolio
HTC 8S : 4.3-inch HD Super LCD screen, 8 megapixel camera, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) processor, 8GB/16GB storage (supports microSD expansion card), support for NFC and 42Mbps HSPA + network.
1. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 11 Sep 2012, 03:29 4 0
wow i like it... high end, mid range and low end!!
they beat nokia releasing a low end!!!
7. tigermcm posted on 11 Sep 2012, 04:51 1 0
sadly you're so right on that. all we have are rumors of a low-end to be released early next year. smh what really happened with Nokia
18. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 11 Sep 2012, 18:37 0 0
nokia lost its game in low end... kinda piss off with nokia lately... im even a huge nokia fan! they should release or announce low end WP8 devices! or else HTC will get the crown!
2. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 11 Sep 2012, 03:31 1 0
I knew it!! That 8x will not have microSD support because it want to compromise with that unibody plastic!!!
5. darkskoliro posted on 11 Sep 2012, 03:45 0 0
8 megapixel. In Asian countries they say 800 million pixels instead of 8 mega pixels.
12. No_Nonsense posted on 11 Sep 2012, 06:00 0 0
1 million pixels is 1 megapixel. Anyways that's been corrected in the article.
6. moanismk posted on 11 Sep 2012, 04:49 0 0
soooooooo, its pretty much the htc one series + WP8, just replacing the one with 8 to appear "cool", i love htc, but this is a bit corny........
10. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 05:12 2 0
Samsung did the same thing. The Ativ S is just a Galaxy S 3 + WP8, just replacing Galaxy with Ativ.
11. moanismk posted on 11 Sep 2012, 05:32 0 0
you're both right......
its easier than making EACH AND EVERY PHONE with a unique name, but its starting to be too much now.......
14. tigermcm posted on 11 Sep 2012, 06:44 0 0
I feel WP8 shouldnt have to be androids rehashed as wp8. I mean why does wp8 have to get the short end of the stick?
19. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 20:45 0 0
Because it's only a new OS. No one knows if it's gonna be successful or not, so no one wants to go all in on something that might fail. Nokia seems to be takin it seriously though.
9. lubba posted on 11 Sep 2012, 05:08 0 0
Thought rumor is Zenith aka 8x will have quad core processor.
17. SmartPhoneStream posted on 11 Sep 2012, 14:41 0 0
Yeah, I read that too, when is aw this i was pretty disappointed because i was hopping for the Quad Core S4 pro with the Adreno 320 GPU in a WP8 phone
13. FranksGT posted on 11 Sep 2012, 06:43 0 0
Hopefully HTC ca pull it off. They have some steep competition.
16. Bluesky02 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 11:01 0 0
For god sake Micro SD on High end model please!
20. cdgoin posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:44 0 0
WHEN will a WP8 with a QWERTY Keyboard show up..? Until it does.. Im stuck with my DVP or possibly the BB10 phones. I have huge hands and can not use the screen to type.. I need by QWERTY keyboard. Even more so the smaller one. I know it wounds counter-intuitive. But small raised keys are easier and faster for my thumbs to navigate than the larger landscape keyboards. I don't know why MS, HTC, Samsung, or Nokia don't make one for launch.