Google announces Android Wear with hardware coming from HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, and Asus
24. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
And i want one made with metal...the watch and the strap...
25. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
And i hope they've done something to improve battery life...atleast 2-3 days...come on....
30. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
you said it this is a smart watch not the galaxy gear or sony watch i love the quick speech rec part and using gps knows what you are doing and brings up the things you like and do following you.
37. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4816; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Moto360 looks like one SEXY BEAST!!!!!!!
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I Still like glass tho, it can be much more
23. lukkiristi (Posts: 68; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I reckon Glass will be really useful to professionals like firemen, doctors, police officers etc. once customizations become available. But THIS! This is something I want immediately.
32. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Why do you want it right now if you can have all of this right on your pocket?
33. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I agree that glass will probably be a business thing at first. I can see people running around a warehouse using something like Glass to quickly look at their inventory and stuff. Also places like shipyards. Police is probably a good prediction. The ability to record everything with a first person view would be really beneficial to police officers. I have no doubt that both types of wearables will have their place.
53. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
u mean LESS EXPENSIVE than Glass :) can't wait
49. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
but this is madness....no one want that much of technology btw(no real need,only ppl try coz it is something new)....phones have same feature,why waste money on smart watches???
but on the other side they are better than normal expensive branded watches :)....have better usability
buy a $1000 tagheur or buy a $500 this.........second one is better option:D:D
5. Sauce (unregistered)
I love this! Would love it more if they came out with a better name though.. Take me' monies!
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i kept throwing my money on my screen and nothing happened, suggestions?
14. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Break the monitor and use the money to buy a new one! :P
22. Commentator (Posts: 3677; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Breaking into Google's R&D center seems like a pretty good place to start. Just be sure to leave some money on a desk.
28. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Would you do it for me if i paid you? Haha
31. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
throw more harder keep going i want one ill try also maybe its a slow computer lol love your comment one of the best ever.
45. shahrooz (Posts: 734; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
this comment has been on the internet for a while now. you're late to the train man, hope in.
9. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
It is about damn time
I am an apple fan , but Apple need a a lot of effort if it wants to surpass a masterpiece like that
29. kryme (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
as usual apple is there watching everybody and see what they have and wat they can use from google open source and see how they can use it in a better way then later on this year they say they innovate
35. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
You say that as a bad thing? The idea is to make superior products that consumers will buy. Not only does Apple benefit from this strategy, but so do their stockholders, and so do we as normal people. The better the competition, the better the products. Ranting about any company is idiotic. Enjoy the competition, even if you prefer one companies products over another.
10. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
This, kids, is why Google collects your data. MS doesn't get it with their Scroogled campaign, collecting data so it can be relayed back to you in a usable fashion is the way things are going to operate in the future.
50. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Microsoft collects data also, but unlike Google, they don't give anything back. Google, please make Microd*cked video.
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Google smartwatch + Fossil = me with less money.
43. Lauticol (Posts: 337; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I'm waiting to see what Asus and HTC have in their collection, their designs are amazing!
51. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Same here although I very impressed with the Moto 360 design. Watch season is going to have some decisions for a lot of people lol.
16. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
So glad I held off on purchasing a smart watch. This thing is beautiful and still has that classic watch look.
34. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Only if the display is actually on all the time. If you have a big circular watch on your wrist that is completely black, I dont think you will look at it and remark on how similar it looks to a classic watch.
41. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Very true...A blank screen would kill the entire look and wonder if it might do that to save battery. I need to read up more that's for sure
55. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
If it's an AMOLED screen I don't know if that will be a problem. Glance on my Lumia 925 takes up no battery.
20. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 235; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Android, at the forefront of innovation.
26. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
This is exactly what I wanted it to be. Great job Google, can't wait to see what Apple brings to the table.
52. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I feel like the Iwatch is going to be completely bad ass. They are just sitting back and gathering all the info obtained by all of the rushed to market smart watches. I think it is an awesome strategy. Stay back, see what plays out, then jump in when the time is right. I am totally a tech geek, so I could see myself switching back to Apple if their Iwatch works out. Who knows, we'll see. I have just learned to not doubt Apple, they have impressed me time and time again.
54. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Agreed, but the Google Now and glanceable/contextual info that android wear will be giving you is exactly what i wanted. The only other thing I could want is health tracking tools tightly integrated into it. And Moto has definitely nailed the design I wanted with their Moto360, just going to see if you can swap out the watch bands with refular ones like those nato kind. And also to see what they mean by "water resistant", because if it is water resistant like the Z2 and it has good battery life I will jump at that.
Of course if Apple released one that impressed me equally as much I would get that too to pair with the iPhone 6 I will likely get.
27. Sakeem (Posts: 429; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
WOW!!! Between this and the Moto 360 smart watch, I have a new found interest that I never had before. Can't wait to see more.
36. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
love for google man
38. MrOCD (unregistered)
This, want I.
39. AndrewStow (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Tech boner is in full salute. I love Google.
44. NoFanboy (Posts: 299; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Please OEMs don't use skins on your watches just leave them on stock android wear!!
46. Scott93274 (Posts: 4398; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Hopefully Apple will come out with something soon and significantly different from what's already being done. I'm not a big Apple fan, but I don't want them to be a "Me too!" company like Microsoft.
48. GalaxyNoted (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
I've been hugely against smart watches since the hype/fad started... Until I saw this.
I've gotta say, I didn't think that a UI could be functional, attractive, and (from the looks of it) easy to use on such a small non-rectangular display. Pay attention Apple/Samsung, this is how a smartwatch should actually work.
It looks really amazing so far. Super clean and simple. It's also great to see Google unifying their products with a unique design language; something I feel Apple and Microsoft have been leading the way in thus far.