Functional iPhone 6 clones might be available to buy soon
NowhereElse today posted lots of photos that reportedly show a functional 4.7-inch iPhone 6 clone. The handset’s design is based on all the iPhone 6 dummy units that flooded the internet recently. Obviously, the device runs an iOS knockoff.
As you’ll see in some of the images below, the iPhone 6 clone was photographed next to a Samsung’s Galaxy S III for the sake of comparison (the S III features a 4.8-inch display, in case you didn’t know).
There is no word on what’s inside this iPhone 6 clone, but we’re guessing that an underpowered processor is included. There’s also no word on how much an iPhone 6 clone will cost. In any case, we’re not expecting to see too many of these outside of China.
It will be interesting to see if the real 4.7-inch iPhone 6 looks like this clone, and like the dummy units that were previously revealed. If it does, it means Apple still hasn’t figured out how to stop leaks (but this, of course, is a problem that most other manufactures have to deal with).
Functional iPhone 6 clone
source: NowhereElse.fr (translated)
1. sip1995 (Posts: 731; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Who cares....original iPhone 6 is now up on Japanese Amazonhttp://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/
2. Miracles (Posts: 469; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
It says in stock on September 30th. Thats pre-order for 140000 yen ...almost 1400 USD...that outrageous
3. Vexify (Posts: 275; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Thats not outrageous. Supply and demand. Happens every iPhone launch when all the stores sell out on launch day. I remember using my upgrade to buy an iPhone 4 just to resell it for $1200.
$1000 profit. Cha Ching.
4. Miracles (Posts: 469; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I guess not especially because its a foreign country where they dont have many Apple Stores. I guess people just dont know how to wait it out. Profit to those that wait in line I suppose.
8. LoveHater (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Big Money Big Game ,,,
Waitng for Android One == 100$
13. Doakie (Posts: 1168; Member since: 06 May 2009)
About 4 weeks after launch we bought a space gray iPhone 5S 16 GB for $99 from Best Buy with a contract upgrade. Turned around and sold it for $600. I never had made $500 so easy.
I now wish that I had done the same thing with my line but I wanted a Note 3 pretty bad.
16. SamDroid (Posts: 133; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
But you still pay for the contract? I don't get it....
19. Vexify (Posts: 275; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
No, you still use your current awesome phone instead of using the new phone you could get for $200. (or $99 in his case).
23. Loansharkie (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
You're still subsidizing the Fruit Phone's Retail price on the back end. You're probably on the hook for the usual two year contract If you break it; the new owner will get his/her phone blacklisted/shut off. Nothing wrong with that imho. You could also have your carrier whack the 20-30 monthly subsidy charge off your bill as well. The major carriers' billing disclosure is still kinda' shady.
24. hurrycanger (Posts: 912; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Some people pay $25 (or more) extra on a "upgradeable" plan but don't notice it.
Anyway, that "$1000" would actually make him $300 to $500 in real profits. That's still pretty good.
6. Shan83 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
All the same boring design. The OS might be snappy...H/W might be well built..but its out-dated in design dept....
29. stealthd (Posts: 927; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
They just updated the design last year, what are you talking about?
30. mrmagicman21 (Posts: 8; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
What design enhancements were made? They took the iPhone 5 body, added some border coloring and a gold color and boom a new phone? The iPhone design is stale as all hell
31. Shan83 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Is this supposed to be a joke..????....dude...design changes were done in iphone 5 times..n still if u see..its not a major revolutionary design change from Iphone 4... u can always close ur eyes n say...d world is dark...
7. moroninc (Posts: 171; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
iphone huggers will buy an iphone for 2000 dollars on launch day if given the chance.. Money well spent!
27. pulkit1 (Posts: 158; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
well whatever he is doing is not working . look at the sales figure of iPhone ( before you say android is in 78% phones world wide just remember you are comparing one phone to a platform ).
9. AfterShock (Posts: 2530; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Can it really be any worse then the real phone?
10. Cynaraos (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
And now people will claim to have an actual iPhone 6 even though the only have the phone mentioned in this article.
14. Doakie (Posts: 1168; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I'd buy one just to be able to laugh in Apple fans faces when they swoon over it.
11. diehardnokian (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
these clones should be running android, isn't it?!
12. GoBears (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I hope not. They'd actually be kind of useful then lol.
25. Iodine (Posts: 239; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Yeah exactly ! iPhone 6 will bring nothing new to the android.
22. droidguy86 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Look at that HTC One M8 style. I smell a lawsuit.
26. vishalaestro (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
camera seems to be bumped up a bit similar to s5