Front-facing camera for Apple iPhone 5S leaks
Now comes some more leaked pictures, this time showing off what appears to be the front-facing camera for the Apple iPhone 5S. With the back camera receiving all of the attention and rumored to be a 13MP sensor, the front-facing snapper will probably also get a hike above the 1.2MP currently on the Apple iPhone 5. And for you kids out there, yes there was a time when the iPhone did not come with a front-facing camera. In fact, the Apple iPhone 4 was the first model in the series that offered it and not coincidentally, FaceTime debuted on that unit as well.
Besides the upgraded cameras and the dual LED flash, we expect the Apple iPhone 5S to offer a larger capacity battery (something else Apple might be doing with that extra internal space) and a faster A7 processor. September seems to be the consensus guess on when Apple will introduce the next iteration of its iconic smartphone, with the launch not too long afterward.
Leaked pictures of the front-facing camera for the Apple iPhone 5S Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Leaked pictures of the front-facing camera for the Apple iPhone 5S
Thanks Anonymous Tipster!
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
8. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
oh my god i am intrigued for like the 500th time...
22. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Finger print scanner would be cool.
24. testman22 (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
glad that the 4 of you are interested.... but it's really not that interesting lol
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 782; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Go for it Apple... I'll always be with yall! Apple & Samsung is in my pockets at the moment. Looking at HTC, to replace Samsung though... (HTC One T6) and a new iphone for me please.
20. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
A phablet and an iPhone is the best combo.
Best of both.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want these components :)
4. phljcnth (Posts: 165; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Really? An article for every part? What's next to this? SIM card slot?
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
PhoneArena.com is about mobile technologies it is not a Facebook.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3264; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They already had an article with the SIM tray...
10. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
why not? PA is known for drolling over every single part or case for iphone and recently, for samsung's products as well.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Wow a new front camera. How excited.....
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I wanna see pics of the new power button :)
16. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Me too, I think the best part of Apple's Fall product line will be the new brute and beautiful colors. I'm so amazed at what Apple can do with plastic ribbon cables.
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I want to see the good ol' physical home button. lol
19. kozza3 (Posts: 524; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
its so irritating to me that they haven't done away with the home button and completely adopted the gestures... people always hold back advancement
23. Jphones (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Come on phone arena wtf nobody cares about a camera piece. Let alone any individual piece of the phone. Every single aspect of the iphone is reported. Whats next oh leaked images of the apple sign on the phone. smfh