First alleged iPad 6 (Air 2) dummy design leaks out, Touch ID fingerprint scanner is a go
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 17554; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No new iPad for me this year, cool with my mini 2. The mrs gets an air this fall though.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Get a Air. Almost the exact same price and you get a Rogue GPU.
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'd get the Air. But there's a price gap of almost 10k rupees (about 170 US dollars) between it and the iPad 4. I'd rather buy a 32GB iPad 4 for the price of a 16 gig iPad Air. Plus I don't mind the heft of the iPad 4 compared to the Air and the displays are similar. I'm used to carry heavy gadgets around (L1520 user you see).
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 17554; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Makes sense. Saving dough never hurts. +1
9. Jinto (Posts: 420; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Why not the Galaxy TabPRO 10.1? it's a better deal.
17. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Jinto no its not .
NokiaFTW , but when you think about it , its 170 more but its better in every aspects , lighter , smaller , faster .
19. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I'm getting a MiPad when it comes out :D
2. sbmessages (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
This is very bad news if true. They have kept the speakers in the same position as the current iPad Air. I sold my iPad Air because I couldn't hold it properly in landscape mode without blocking the lower right hand speaker. They should have put the speakers on the top right and left hand corners. That suits landscape mode. I bought my iPad for music making so my needs mightn't reflect the majority user. However watching any kind of multimedia with sound in landscape mode is a pain on the iPad Air. It's like they designed it for portrait mode primarily.
The speaker placement and the measly 1 gig of RAM were the worst features of the iPad Air.
Most reviewers blatantly ignored the speaker placement issue in their reviews.
3. aayupanday (Posts: 567; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If speakers are your priority, get an HTC One M8 or lookout for the HTC Nexus 8 which may incorporate BoomSound speakers
5. sbmessages (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
Yes but I need the speakers on a Tablet. For working with music making Apps such as Cubasis, FL Studio Mobile, beat maker 2 etc I need a large screen of a Tablet. As I said though my needs are probably not required for the majority of iPad Air users. Also Android has not developed as a platform for music making Apps. The latency on Android is significantly higher on Android compared to IOS. However things may improve with latency when the new version of Android is released this month. I have no personal preference when it comes to Operating systems. Whatever suits my needs is what I will use.
6. MikeG77 (Posts: 397; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
The One M8 is a phone the Nexus 8 is a tablet. The rumor is that it will be made by HTC, have front facing speakers and be released at this years Google I/O. Hopefully that clears things up for you.
11. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Dude, Xperia Tablet Z2 has dual front-facing spakers, just saying......and its thin as hell
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But expensive as hell. Not worth the price.
15. UglyFrank (Posts: 1298; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Speaking of speakers, it is good that they have increased the size of the holes because most of the holes on my IPad Air are full of glue from poor craftsmanship
23. verbalize (Posts: 107; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Lol....Flip the iPad Air the other Landscape direction then the speakers are on top and your hand won't block it. It goes into land scape mode both directions. Lol..
7. kasemapiwat (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
Are the Apple added some more sensors i saw it on the pictures.Is the possible to be LED dedicated sensors?Or else.Actually the size is really fit for me because nowadays the company keep make it bigger
12. ChandlerBing (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Now this tablet looks really familiar. Its the tablet I have dreamed of getting soon.
14. twens (Posts: 863; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It's funny how when apple repeats design, reviewers or writers just pint out the little differences as if there is a difference. When some other company repeats a design it is considered an abomination. Life is a funny place indeed.
22. farhad_per (banned) (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Wooow...what revolutionary design..he he.. same old design for 4 years in row..! Another ipet from icrap..
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think that like the Macbook Apple should have an iPad Air for portability and an iPad Pro for productivity. the iPad Pro should have a legit detachable keyboard and a bigger battery.