Fire in Korea causes error messages on Samsung phones; service is now restored
The fire started Sunday afternoon (Korean time) on the fourth floor of the building, which contains the back-up data center for the Korean manufacturer. Some credit card related services were met with the error message. The company's main data center is located in Suwon and was not affected.
Korean media reports that there were no fatalities in the blaze. And as we said, things have returned to normal as far as Samsung.com is concerned. Looking at the video below, the result could have been much worse.
Fire at Samsung SDS building knocks Samsung.com off the internet
source: Samsung (translated), YTN, wikitree via Engadget
3. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Nah, from the looks of it, they're burning Windows.
5. Sauce (unregistered)
13. clevercarlos (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
haha! good way to start off my day! funny comments
6. Kuroki (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
No, their designers were making new smartphone designs and when they presented it to one of their consultants, the consultant started spiting fire everywhere and lasers came out of his eyes.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hahaha lol. Maybe they were creative design and not happening great design and they fire all phone by seeing those phone.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Baked APPLES some taste good or they probably have BAD APPLE in the oven that got caught up in smoke
2. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Maybe someone's stomach is burning there
7. Taters (Posts: 3606; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The LG vs. Samsung vs Pantech rivalry is getting out of hand I see.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 12714; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Goodness gracious. Hope indeed there's no deaths, or injuries. Be safe people.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nothing much to say, just hope that no one is injured there, hope everything is alright.
28. a961009 (Posts: 116; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Luckily no one died. Only one person injured.
20. walnuttt (Posts: 114; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
C'mon people this is not the time for funny comment. Thank God no one got hurt.
21. smallworld (Posts: 440; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Maaan !! That building is surely made out of plastic. Look at how fast those windows are melting !
24. walnuttt (Posts: 114; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
there is no such plastic building ever built troll use your empty brain.
22. samdsox (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Looks like samsung took the flame war way too literally.
25. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I hope everyone is fine...and that all is alright! Some people in the comments just have no heart do they...even making jokes...tch