DIY: Nokia Lumia 920 owner makes his own car wireless charger
1. freebee269 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:58 5 0
it's almost criminal to have a case on this beautiful phone. but i can understand the guy in the video protecting his investment.
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:59 0 9
Wireless charging for smartphones is nothing new, people was making own wireless charging systems even before they were announced by samrtphone manufacturers.
Also why just don't use usual charging dock.
4. freebee269 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 10:17 3 0
for me, wireless charging is more convenient. just put my phone down and pick it back up. also i can always keep my phone topped off. also i dont have to keep plugging and unplugging from the jack in the phone which over time goes bad. the wireless charger turns off at full battery so it doesnt ruin your battery. also it's been shown to use very little to no electricity when it's not charging. it's just a convenience thing and i prefer it over plug in charging.
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Jan 2013, 10:55 0 3
"just put my phone down and pick it back up."
You can do the same with usual charging dock. Some devices even has separate connections for charging dock.
"the wireless charger turns off at full battery so it doesnt ruin your battery."
When you charge it in the usual way, it also turns off at full battery.
And if you want charge and use your phone at the same time, chargint through cord is the only one solution to do that since wireless charging range is only few millimeters.
And if you want convenience and don't want to fumble with cord, you can use usual charging dock
1. Wireless charging is slower than usual.
2. Using wireless charging you are just wasting some % of energy.
3. Wireless charging is not good for your health.
6. eisenbricher posted on 17 Jan 2013, 11:11 3 2
lmao @ 3rd one. Nah man, it does nothing. Go search a little. BTW while it may seem a little convenience at first, it's hard to get back to wired charger once you get used to wireless charging.
Besides there is not so great difference between charging rate of wireless vs wired chargers.
8. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Jan 2013, 11:56 0 3
Go get some knowledge!
15. papss posted on 17 Jan 2013, 19:19 1 1
That was funny.., number three is complete nonsense
18. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:47 0 0
Have you ever heard about EMR ?
13. freebee269 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 18:20 1 1
"And if you want convenience and don't want to fumble with cord, you can use usual charging dock"
you sound like you are tellin me what i should be doing. sadly for you i wasnt seeking your permission.
"When you charge it in the usual way, it also turns off at full battery."
did i say it didnt?
"1. Wireless charging is slower than usual."
i dont use my wirless charger to go from 10% to 100%. you're right, that would take longer. in that case i would use the wall jack. i use wireless charging to keep my phone topped off (i already said this in my last post).
here's an experiment done to show that wireless charging doesnt run up your electric bill.
"3. Wireless charging is not good for your health."
unless you're directly using the wireless charger as a pillow, it is not bad for your health. yes it creates an electric field, but the field is very small and you have to be very close AND be exposed to it for a long period of time for you to physically have an affect from it.
19. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 Jan 2013, 07:49 0 0
Yes EMR increases your health right...
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Jan 2013, 13:05 0 3
A lot of thumbs dow, but no one explains why thumbing down, perhaps just a trolls with a lack of arguments. :)
10. UrbanPhantom posted on 17 Jan 2013, 14:21 1 1
Please write something else, so I can give you another big red thumbs down ;o)
11. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Jan 2013, 14:25 0 1
Seems that i was right in my comment #9. :)
3. mholeydroid posted on 17 Jan 2013, 10:06 1 1
am i the only one who noticed this guy has lambo doors?
12. LAFN posted on 17 Jan 2013, 17:36 1 0
My Lumia 920 manual says to avoid putting it near magnets.
14. -SEUL8TR- posted on 17 Jan 2013, 18:27 0 1
It looks like a mouse and doesn't look contemporary!
16. papss posted on 17 Jan 2013, 19:22 1 2
Do you have anything useful to say or are you being a troll.. Again do you feel threatened by Nokia or WP8?
20. chaoticrazor posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:25 0 0
im thinking he's just ''troll'' with a different account
they both talk absolute crap and have no knowledge. just let the kid be a little hater and watch people make him look stupid which aint hard lol