Chrome for Android to get big updates in the next year
1. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Soon should mean the next month or two, not by fall of 2012.
2. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
That's soon to me. If you were a fan of NIN, you'd know that "soon" actually meant years away.
12. topcat (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
This is Google Chrome. 'Soon' could be in the next couple of weeks for a beta app. They roll those updates out very quickly on the desktop or CrOS so why not Android too?
BTW, lovin' having Chrome on my phone finally.
4. kazunorikobo (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Chrome for Gingerbread?My phone is not running ICS yet...=(
5. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I hope they release it for more countries soon.
6. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
lol i wanna see how it performs on tablet sadley idk if my toshiba thrive will get the update to ics
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its working on my ics rom.. so what ever they have been doing has been working. it runs pretty nice too. ill still take opera at this point for its blend of smoothness, features, and flash support.
8. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Eventhough, i am a android fan,i feel that flash for mobiles should be phased out slowly and should transition to HTML5.Google are doing the right thing.
10. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I have Google Chrome on my Nexus and my Rooted Samsung Galaxy 10.1. It is really fast, it is a bit annoying though not to have flash. Everytime it's happened man, I don't know how apple users can deal with this. lol I have to copy and past on to my Dolphin browser. The Sync between all your devices is amazing though. Having all my tabs from my desktop, laptop, phone and tablet all up at the same time on any device is pretty nice.
I would say however that it's a lot better on phone than on a tablet. Little things like the way you close a tab can't be done on a tablet, or at least not yet. Since I watch more flash content in article when I'm on my tablet it gets annoying more often. As for the whole desktop view thing, I haven't been to a website yet that doesn't have a link at the bottom that says (mobile | desktop) Then I have a desktop view. Having a quick setting for it however would be nicer don't get me wrong.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Try Opera mobile. I switched from DolphinHD to that and its been way better and it still has flash support as well.