iPhone 6 Plus running Windows 98
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2049; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
" Oh well, at least it has a working Start menu! "
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I remember when I was running Windows 95 on my old Nokia N95 8G via emulator. YouTube is full of videos about that emulator.
2. uchihakurtz (Posts: 358; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You sure that's an iPhone, not a Goophone? Lulz
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 1581; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I would've expected this from the HD2, not an iPhone
4. JOHNNY8573 (Posts: 43; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
could i install all my old games that i have in my basement?.....
29. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Sure but you would have to first buy the Apple iPhone Floppy Disk Adapter that cost $100.
5. xtroid2k (Posts: 515; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
awesome. Its amazing that people spent thousands on a beheamith box. like me and now you can put a win98 system in your pocket. For those ofcourse who really owned a WIN98 system. IBM aptiva yeah baby!!
My system was upgraded however I had a packard bell which had
-Intel Pentium 133Mhz
-1.2GB hard drive
-32 bit graphics card.
15 inch (BIG A$$) moniter with the loop back speakers lol
oh man the days the days.
10. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 433; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
If you wanted big you had to get a 17 inch monitor. Though I am sure you are speaking of a time when 17in was still just fantasy. I remember getting my 17in crt though and thinking it was huge.
20. xtroid2k (Posts: 515; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
The 17 inch cost to much and it literally wouldn't have fit my desk at the time.
36. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
My brother bought a monitor from a healthcare provider selling it's old equipment, it was a 21" CRT. It was absolutely huge! IIRC it was around 1.5 feet deep and weighed around 100 pounds.
24. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1597; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
xtroid2k, the Samsung Q1 Ultra did just that. What the article didn't specify was if that was 98 Embedded on the iPhone, which is a 2 gig pseudo-OS.
38. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Oh man I remember having the first PC to break the 1GHz barrier in our neighborhood. Pentium 4. I was the #coolestguy lol
25. elitewolverine (Posts: 5085; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
it should be rated at democracy per minute
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am surprised that no one has installed Android on an iPhone or IOS on an Android flagship yet. It seems like companies are good at locking that down. Probably because Apple knows IOS cheats on benchmarks like crazy and can't afford to let the cat out of the bag.
11. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
yes but by all means it would be damn slow. ios emulating android which is already emulating java like apps...
would be fun even
13. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
And fact is that iOS and Apple processors are just designed to work with each other. Bit like Nissan GT-R with it's transmission, engine, chassis and all those computers inside working together (sorry car analogy).
12. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I could've sworn I've seen stories about people putting Android on an iPhone in the past. And we've all seen just about every OS running on the old HTC HD2. But I agree I've never seen iOS running on anything other than an iPhone.
16. Sauce2 (banned) (Posts: 199; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
I run iOS on my iPad. I must be good.
15. Sauce2 (banned) (Posts: 199; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
iOS cheats on benchmarks? Lol, I think you spelled SAMSUNG wrong.
23. wilsong17 (unregistered)
True nobody know what process goes on a iPhone when benchmark are done
35. joey_sfb (Posts: 5342; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Valid point only Apple phone run iOS.
For all we know Apple determine the score they want the phone to display to their flock.
14. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3784; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
"F#%king Windows 98!" from South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
That was my startup sound file on my Windows 98 machine back in the day. It was great because it played right when the Windows 98 image showed on the monitor. Good times.
27. ePoch270 (Posts: 168; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Ha! I could have sworn it was god damn. Good call
17. kevin91202 (Posts: 518; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
"He even enabled Chinese menus!" - Luis D.
Why state the obvious? The hacker is from China. You expect him to enable Spanish menus?
"As for us, we'll be busting some Solitaire while keeping any Chinese guys away from the microwave, lest they install Windows ME on it!"
And I love your anti-Chinese sentiment. Good job, PA!
39. chebner (Posts: 212; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
How is anything he said Anti-Chinese? He made a joke, hold on to your panties, about a guy who just installed Windows 98 on an iPhone. Oh, and the guy happened to be Chinese. It's called comedy. I got a chuckle out of it. I don't think he really thought anyone would install Windows Me on a microwave. And besides everyone knows that only a Korean could figure out how to do that.
This world was a much more enjoyable place to live before you politically correct A-holes took away everyone's fun.
21. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Well, at least it's more functional than iOS 8...
34. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
a desktop operating system more functional than a mobile OS, pssh yeah right!
41. Settings (Posts: 1471; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
So tell me how do you store music on the iPhone without using a desktop?
Tell me how do you develop apps on the iPhone using an iPhone?
Tell me how do you play Skyrim on the iPhone?
42. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
1. I could have sworn you could download music from the app store.
2. I didn't know any phone could develop apps for itself?
3. Techincally you can by running an jail broken iPhone and or Remote PC app.
28. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Lots of things happen then...
32. MyWatchChoice (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Oct 2014)
Checkout IPhone 6 / IPhone 6 plus accessories at:
33. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Still better than iOS any day. Windows suits the i6+ more.
37. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1597; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Not really. The 1520 already does WP and is a much better piece of hardware than the iBend 6+.