Check out the re-designed UI on these Nokia Windows Phone models
According to the deal it has with Microsoft, the Finnish based manufacturer has the right to change the UI, but Nokia's CTO says that the company will not change it because it doesn't want to make things difficult for those switching from another device to a Windows Phone flavored Nokia model. Another reason why you won;t see this special UI on a released unit is that they were designed by the designer on his own and not as a part of any official Nokia project.
What do you think about any of the re-designed UI shown in the pictures? Would you prefer to see any of these on your Nokia Lumia home screen or do you favor the Live Tiles? Let us know what you think by dropping a comment in the box below.
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 1032; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You took the words.........very juvenile.
20. the_s2 (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Looks better than traditional WP anyways. #androidFTW
2. Caunsidh (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
They could make an option to choose between standard WP UI and Nokia UI (not standard, but something new). That would be awesome, I think.
This re-disegned UI is nice, but not something that I would like to see on my phone.
6. LAFN (Posts: 48; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
Who says live tiles have to be square and touching? What if the you could resize the "live tiles" and place them wherever you want on the screen and choose how translucent they are to your selected wallpaper in the background?
11. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
yah i agree with that same idea with mine! :) that would be very impressive if that happens
8. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
this must be not true when microsoft is pushing metro ui among its products windows 8 , x box , websites how come they will alow to change it in windows phone.
It may some kind of theme or third party ui layer
9. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Looks like the homescreen set up of the old kids favourite LG Cookie,which isnt a compliment! The clock looks very android however
10. urth_key (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
LOL. They made the UI for NOKIA Windows Phones but they used an LG Windows Phone. Hahaha.
12. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
Huh? That's just the software emulator phone, it's no existing phone.
17. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
those live tiles get very boring. A new design would be nice.
18. djg71087 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2010)
wtf is that! looks homo to me (stick with what you got, live tiles are pretty awesome)
19. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
looks good if they give it with the option to toggle between the native and the custom design...