Buy a Windows 8 PC or laptop and score a 'free' Nokia Lumia 820 from CompUSA
Suppose you want to buy the phone and not the computer. Could you buy the phone and get the PC for free? No. But you can buy the Nokia Lumia 820 from CompUSA for $49.99 with that good ol' two-year contract. If you don't want to be tied up for a couple of years, you can purchase the phone off contract for $379.99.
1. rembo65 (Posts: 33; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
what a bunch of pricks! (in the marketing world)
2. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
this must mean very very very poor W8 and WP8 sales
4. Rydsmith (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Guess that means all those Buy 1 Get 1on Verizion for their Droid line means that Android can't sell and must be bundled with another free phone.
Wait a minute....
11. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Droid? You mean Motorola? :-D youre joking, right? :-D
Look at Motorola's sales and you
wait a minute......
get it :)
5. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Like we didn't see it coming. I'm talking about Windows 8. The reviews have been horrible for it. The business world is rebuking it. Productivity? Forget about it. Some search features don't seem thought out or not finished. What a surprise Microsoft released an unfinished OS. All it has going for it is the UI. Some people like it, and that's cool. I think it's ugly and plain. This is coming from an ex Microsoft fanboy. My mother worked for Microsoft growing up. She is part of something called Microsoft Alumni. She can buy products at dirt cheap prices, and I still won't touch it. She offered it for a Christmas present, and I said no. You can't even give it to me.
6. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
chill and wait for growing apps bro .... some day u will like it :-)
9. PAPINYC (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
If I'm not mistaken, the same was said about Windows 6.1 ?????¿?????
15. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
man, we are not talking about windows 6.1 here, unless you wanna read it again, it says windows 8, tsk tsk. some people would just say anything, just to be able to say something. relevance please....
7. -box- (Posts: 3789; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No, this is a smart marketing move, and I hope it spreads to other stores and more phones to choose from. Also, would one be able to buy like a cheap netbook and get this? Sell the netbook, pay the ETF, free phone.
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Dude, who taught you arithmetic? Scooby Dooby Doo??
No matter how you slice it, it's a loss.
12. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Yes, and next time a PC with a washing mashine? :)
3. sarb009 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Wuahaha poor nokia & m$ cant sell WINDOWS os phones
8. PAPINYC (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This sounds like a stunt Apple would try to pull off; alas, the flock only grazes on the forbidden iTooty-Fruity.
13. pongkie (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I like the L820... this is sad LOL
if(lol) i get this phone i will be like the only one who would have it where ever i go.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6440; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOW THAT'S A DEAL but doesn't mean u have to upgrade or they give u a PHONE WITH OUT UPGRADE my only question