BlackBerry Z10 teardown reveals key Qualcomm and Samsung internals
The BlackBerry Z10 has a Qualcomm MSM8960 chip manufactured on the 28nm node with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor. The chip integrates 3G and 4G LTE on board.
Otherwise, the Z10 uses two other key Samsung components - a 2GB RAM module and 16GB of Samsung-made internal flash storage.
Below is a listing of the key hardware components in the Z10:
- Samsung K3PE0E000A - Multichip Memory - 2 GB Mobile DDR2 SDRAM
- Samsung KLMAG2GE4A - Multichip Memory - 16 GB MLC NAND Flash, Controller
- Qualcomm MSM8960 - Snapdragon S4 Baseband / Applications Processor
- Qualcomm WCD9310 - Audio Codec
- Qualcomm PM8921 - Power Management IC
- Qualcomm RTR8600 - GSM / CDMA / W-CDMA / LTE RxD Transceiver + GPS
- Texas Instruments WL1273L - Single-Chip 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth, and FM
- TriQuint TQP6M9017 - Dual-Band WLAN Module
- RF Micro Devices RF7252 - CDMA/WCDMA BAND 2 Linear Power Amplifier Module
- RF Micro Devices RF7303 - LTE/UMTS/CDMA BAND 3 Linear Power Amplifier Module
- Inside Secure SECUREAD IC5C633I4- NFC Solution Module
- Avago ACPM-5017 - LTE Band XVII Power Amplifier
- Avago ACPM-7051 - Quad-Band GSM / W-CDMA Bands I & V Power Amplifier
- Sony CXM3582UR - SP10T Antenna Switch
- ST Microelectronics LIS3DH - MEMS Accelerometer
- STMicroelectronics LSM330DLC - 3D Accelerometer & 3D Gyroscope
- Synaptics Clearpad 3203 - Capacitive Touchscreen Controller
BlackBerry Z10 teardown reveals key Qualcomm and Samsung internals Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:09 13 6
Samsung is clearly monopolizing the mobile world!!!
Not surprising though... I believe their products are satisfaction guaranteed.
3. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:50 4 4
Their "Snappy Draggy" processors are not to be messed with :)
5. JohnnyBravo posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:15 0 0
their S4 chips arent to be mess with. I wasnt too impress with S3 and below. Qualcomm will continue to munch on the competition unless this Exynos octa-core delux times 10 to the N-degree or whatever they call it chip released by Samsung owns on the processing and batter consumption end.
My current phone has a pretty decent TI OMAP 4460 processor. Gets the job done but I would prefer the S4 no doubt.
8. jroc74 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 23:58 1 0
So....who is gonna say the hardware in the Z10 is so so now... Its almost a GS3.