Assembled iPhone 6 appears on video, reviewing every nook and cranny
1. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Going to be a big year for their bigger phone.
45. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
By the way when Apple lost the tech war, only thing left to brag was the "design".
Now they've lost this one too.
It doesn't mean that you zomies will not buy it, though
77. Veigald (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Indeed. This phone looks like something out of the Android world, could almost be mistaken for a Samsung. A shame for Apple's design reputation.
94. blitzkreig (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
You are the Jake Lee of Apple Trolls. You both need to be perma banned.
17. xfire99 (Posts: 633; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
You dont want run android with A7/A8 chipset.
19. Finalflash (Posts: 2133; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Why not? It will be just fine seeing as how those are cpus which don't really do much of the heavy lifting anymore and are on par usually with the QC chipsets.
79. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I 120% agree with you. I would only buy an iPhone if it had better specs and Android.
88. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
And a bigger screen. I also hate that design, I really like Moto phones with that curved back and the "dimple" where it is really comfortable to place your finger. But then again, a good phone has nice specs, Android, a nicely sized screen, and a good design.
92. uRiBiTo666 (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
I'd buy an iPhone if it had Android and narrower edges. Otherwise...
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I am waiting when top ten reasons for iphone 6 will be revealed
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
This is how iphone looks like when it catches fire
84. bucky (Posts: 1973; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'm confused...what does that have to do with the article? What's your point?
6. AlikMalix (Posts: 2070; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I don't agree with u much, but I do agree with u on this one.
89. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Yeah, Apple gets a lot of it's money by showing off it's design, and they are going to have a hard time calling this one "inovative." The curved edges are just like the first iPhone, and making the top and bottom stick out is just plain ugly and probably uncomfortable to hold.
13. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
yeah they should have made it similar to 5s' back
15. Finalflash (Posts: 2133; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No, the uniform color is great, and lord forbid they go back to their dual tone BS. The antennae lines though make it pretty ugly. The rest seems standard and over accentuated in the video, it will probably look average in real life.
21. fzacek (Posts: 2465; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Everything just looks out of proportion on the back. That protruding camera lens doesn't help either...
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
the design is nice, elegant and better than iphone 5/5s, no doubt in it... I wonder when sumsung will be able to catch up in designing department
63. jboogie1289 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
OMG!! I didn't know this was a comedy site!! Now, this is the funniest thing I've read on here today!!! Cheers to you for your joke Sir!! LOL!!!!!!!
70. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
really? but thats a serious opinion... but thats ok, enjoy yourself... and han! note 4 is launching tomorrow, dont forget to buy it... the best phone of 2014/2015 until note 5... just keep my above comment as a comedy and dont ever think of crappy iphone
93. techfirst101 (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Samsung catch up? more like Apple just ripped off samsung design... I think thats what jboogie found humorous about your post.
43. nebsif (Posts: 37; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
agreed. the front is pretty, the sides too.. but the back with those rubber lines and protruding cam ughh
67. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like Apple will start patent a curve sided phone this time around
3. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
the iPhone is just like the president of the United States
He will always be hated no matter which party he is, color, race, gender.
18. Finalflash (Posts: 2133; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Nice analogy, the iPhone is the politician in the smartphone category.
33. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
nice point, politician... and try to impose its monoply through law suits, right?
20. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
lol but sales millions everytime.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's difficult to believe Jony Ive would let something with unseemly seams like that out the door.
65. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Why? He couldn't design himself out of a paper bag. All his "designs" are blatant ripoffs of Dieter Rams' mid-century works made famous by Braun.
78. Veigald (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Completely agree. He must be on vacation or something. The sides with the oblong buttons, the protruding camera, the overly rounded edges, there are so many things wrong with this design compared to the 4/5 that one has to wonder what's happening.
5. AlikMalix (Posts: 2070; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
You guys know I love iPhones and iOS but I'm not really happy about the design of the camera. Did Johnny Ive go on long vacation or loose a bet? If this looks just as bad in real life - it looks like I'll be sticking with my 5s for a longer time. Design wise they should have made a bigger iPhone 5s. Still hoping that this is just an iPod. Otherwise, no sale.
26. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Im gonna call this a fake. Every leak has shown 3 holes for the microphone this unit only has 1 hole. And I'm doubting the camera will stick out on the iPhone 6
90. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Wow, u r observant. Also, they didn't turn the screen on in the entire video, which is sort of weird...
35. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
In my view, what they can do about camera? if you want a good camera then they have to accomodate a good lense along with a sensor... as a result camera is bumping out... the only solution was to make ip6 thicker, which I think might ruin the design of the phone
73. tedkord (Posts: 7170; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Slightly thicker iPhone, bigger battery, no camera bump - it's a win all around. I don't understand this fixation with making razor tin phones that all the manufacturers have. They're already getting too thin to hold comfortably.
8. illusionmist (Posts: 137; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Keep in mind that this is still NOT the final product, but assembled by the bloggers themselves. The real thing could look a bit better with color matched parts, more polished and solid construction, etc. The form factor is pretty much set, though.
9. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I really hate the protruding camera part.
I hope they fix it with the 6s which I'm interested in.
29. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I really like it. It makes the iPhone look uglier
36. Ashoaib (Posts: 2826; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Jake... you proclaim to be a techy, as I know... I would like to ask you, how they can fix a good camera along with a good lense without making it protruding? the only solution was to make the phone thicker, right?(or if there is any other solution?) why should apple ruin its design which is the most strongest factor in their sales?(internals are already midrange)... isn't it better to make the camera protruding and offers good camera result instead of fixing inside and compromise the result?
74. tedkord (Posts: 7170; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Some would say the protruding camera ruins the design, but that's subjective. I don't think a thicker phone would ruin anything, and would allow for more battery which is always welcome - you can't have too much battery, but you can have too little.
Overall, I think this design (if it's actually the design) is a huge step back from the 5/5s, which were very nice looking devices. It's like the HTC One M8 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 had a baby.
81. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Atleast you admitted you hated something about the iPhone.
83. Metalspy8 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Well thats apple for you , they release a crappy design flaw and all you ishEAps start salivating on a fix for the next iteration before iphone 6 even makes it mainstream..SMH././SMH./.l
96. JMartin22 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
That's probably the first time I've ever seen you give your unbiased personal opinion without trying to shove your tirade of half baked Android hatred down other people's throats over any little insignificant gripe you can rummage in the trash for.
10. Alain1990 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
i think its better to have black in upper and bottom of the back..
12. f35hunter (Posts: 219; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
wooooow one of the worst designs i've ever seen !!!!!
really i'm impressed :O
14. marcski07 (Posts: 590; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
37. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
yeah like galaxy s5 , another disappointment for me
91. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
Marcski, that is the perfect word to describe it.
16. Caveman723 (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Looks like it's going to slips from hands by this new design, well.. as usual what's the case for right!