Apple to introduce a 4-inch iPhone in 2015?
4. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I doubt iphone 6S 4.7" and iphone 6S 4" will ever have exacly samme specs as plus which as it looks like will have better battery and 1-2 other extra features.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple could go one better and release an updated 4S - LTE + 3.5 inch screen. Call it the iPhone mini....
25. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Interestingly enough, now that you mentioned it.. I've seen listed as supported devices, for a product (can't quite recall but if I stumble on it again, it'll be sure to link/screenshot), that listed 6c, 6s, and I believe 6sc. It was strange and I thought they got something wrong but who knows...
47. laughmi (banned) (Posts: 283; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
Apple would launch the same iP5 (iC5) with exorbitant pricing to loot its consumers.
21. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8900; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Stop dreaming. Its not gonna be the iPhne 6 spes in a smaller package. Since the 5C was a flop and it has the 5 specs, I can bet it will be the iPhone 5 specs shoved into a smaller package. Why? Because since the iPhone 5C has poor sales, Apple is left with all those chips they purchase. Instead of taking a lose, they will simply use them in this device. They've done this so many times before.
45. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Not even the 6 has all of the 6 plus' specs. No OIS for instance.
3. Predator1701 (Posts: 108; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
It makes sense, IMO they should keep these 3 form factors 4', 4.7' and 5.5'. Those are sweet spots for all types of people.
5. Cicero (Posts: 859; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Will be tough times for ios software to be friendly with all those phones released.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No it won't, cuz they're released now and it's not.
33. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8900; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why? Because devs will be to lazy to simply create 3 bitmaps for their apps?
30. torr310 (Posts: 794; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
It's good for users to have the option to choose, especially for people who want simple, small, and functional phones.
They can make a more simplicity interface similar to iPod nano (specially designed for small screen and keep everything easy to read).
Expect this model at $50 or $100 with contract.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope, it's a phone for a demographic way larger than the spec head demographic you belong to. The mainstream consumer, which has a huge female base. Remember these companies are in the business of making money, that means broad appeal to a broad consumer base. Stop thinking like a fanboy.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That was a Zoolander reference, Darkk. Once again, you gotta lighten up.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Never saw that movie, Dodgeball and Something about Mary though, love em to death.
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Fair enough. You don't know what you don't know. It's hilarious. I highly recommend it.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My wife has it DVR'd, but I never had an interest in seeing it. I guess I'll be checking it out.
28. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
On my required watching list.
12. Settings (Posts: 1497; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Not everyone need bigger phones. Apple know that. The only thing that is only for ants is your manparts.
46. vuyonc (Posts: 992; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
You do realise that was a joke, right? Come on, dude. Zoolander? Chill out.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think its a smart move. Apple caters to the mainstream consumer, and that demographic is not the spec heads. Not everyone wants a huge screen, and Octa core, ditching the 4 incher could cause a financial hit. 4, 4.7, and 5.5 is the way to go.
23. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
my bucket list for this year, 5.5 inch android, (xperia z4); 5 inch windows phone (nokia lumia 930); and 4 inch iOS :) But i'll wait for the design, if it'll follow the design of iphone 6, i'll go iphone 5s instead. :D
24. roldefol (Posts: 4107; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Some reviewers have already pointed out that Apple has a complete lineup of speedy iPhones now, with the 5S, 6, and 6+. Why wouldn't they keep that up? I could see them replacing the 5C next year with something faster and better-equipped, but not exactly a 5S.
36. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Just a few months ago you were saying that Apple moving to large-screened phones was a smart move. Changed your mind?...
37. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Well, it's pretty clear that he's saying there is nothing wrong with having phones of all sizes. I take that back. It clearly wasn't clear to you.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 20046; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanks for the clarification bro, I think he's high off of catnip
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Why not 3.5?
2.8 was popular and thought to be decent at one point too.
Might as well put a wrist strap on it and call it a day.
17. greenelektron (Posts: 530; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
I love a phablets that runs on android. I am satisfied with my iphone5 and its size. They should release another 4in phone with a fresh design and at a $349 pricepoint.
35. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
$350 MIGHT be possible, but I'd assume it'll be $450. Just like the 5C was $550 while the 5S was $650.
27. Planterz (Posts: 2036; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Smart of them. And it would be smart of Android manufacturers other than Sony to make compact phones that don't suck
38. dimas (Posts: 1970; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
They're too focused on creating large phones that they force it to non 5 inch fans. I hope Sony will continue improving the compact series.
29. treasure (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2014)
They need to make it smaller in order not to bend to much:))lol
31. alumoyo (Posts: 348; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
HA! How funny would it be if they just morphed the iPhone 5S into an updated iPhone 5C. Apple iPhone 5C-S
32. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8900; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Is Apple throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks?
40. Planterz (Posts: 2036; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
No, that's Samsung. :D
Sales of the 6 and 6+ prove that a good chunk of iPhone fans wanted something bigger (but didn't want to switch to Android or whatever), but there's also a good chunk will want to stick with the smaller form factor. It would be stupid of Apple to abandon that market and not offer 4" phones beyond the 5s. I could definitely see them offering a 6 or 6s Mini.
42. roldefol (Posts: 4107; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's how I felt about the 6 Plus, and that obviously stuck.
43. MEeee (Posts: 345; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
2014: S5 mini, S5, Note 4, Note 4 Edge
2015: S6 mini, S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, Note Edge2, Note Fold
2016: S6 mini, S6, S6 Edge2, Note 6, Note Edge2, Note Fold2, Note Roll
2015: 6S mini, 6S, 6S Plus
2016: 7 mini, 7, 7 Plus, iBend
2018: 8 mini, 8, 8 Plus, iBend3, iBreak
2022: 10 mini, 10, 10 Plus, iBend7, iBreak5, iTear
44. adrewfryman (Posts: 44; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
you joke about the note fold but its closer than you think 0.0
48. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 801; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple gone crazy.. 4.7-5.2 inch is the sweet spot.... No need to go back to 4'