Apple iPhone 4 case can stop a 50 caliber slug from putting a hole in your phone
If a sniper is aiming at the touchscreen of your pride and joy, your Apple iPhone 4 will still buy the farm because the front has minimal protection from a thin aluminum facade. After all, you need to be able to touch the display on the handset. And of course, there is a small hole on the back for the unit's camera. Although the ads mention just the Apple iPhone 4, we would imagine that it will also fit the Apple iPhone 4S.
Would anyone really take on 5 extra pounds of weight in exchange for protection from an incident that seems so far fetched? If you are the real conservative type and want to order the case, you can do so by clicking on the sourcelink.
source: MarudaiCorp. (translated), Dvice via Gizmodo
26. TROLL posted on 15 Apr 2012, 08:17 3 3
Eaxvac hello ba! Lol ifan.
25. CellularNinja posted on 15 Apr 2012, 06:46 9 0
I wanna know where I can get that as body armor. . .
57. jmoita2 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 10:12 0 0
Go to your nearest military recruiting center,and they will take care of it...
provided you sign a 4 year contract.
52. Mandroid posted on 16 Apr 2012, 18:25 0 0
Same reason people buy apples novelties. in a word, "derp".
2. parkwaydr posted on 14 Apr 2012, 21:40 19 0
Some how I'm having trouble imagining that many average iPhone users are the type of people who have to worry about getting hit by 50 cals.
30. Mandroid posted on 15 Apr 2012, 11:53 6 2
So you're telling me you DON'T want to punch a large hole through a hipster douche?
38. parkwaydr posted on 15 Apr 2012, 15:05 2 0
Naa, if I ever had a 50 cal, I would save it for something more important, like the raccoons who keep building homes in my shed and getting into my garbage cans
51. jmoita2 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:44 0 0
That's just it,you see? They are exactly that kind of people.
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 14 Apr 2012, 22:03 23 9
its already worst so technically couldn`t get any worse. so no problems at all.
7. sagartiru posted on 14 Apr 2012, 21:57 11 2
Omg wont u get a new iphone in $650 ???? Why spend on protecting it when the case and the phone is on same value in case u get shot by a bullet on the phone just get a new phone !!!
37. LoneShaolin posted on 15 Apr 2012, 14:32 0 0
You would think a hipster douche would be shot by a sniper more than twice......
12. redrooster13 posted on 14 Apr 2012, 22:04 16 0
Finally! I'm so tired of my phone getting shot up.
15. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 14 Apr 2012, 22:33 7 5
dont even think of trying that with ianything.
34. VinCrel posted on 15 Apr 2012, 13:23 4 0
to think that without this case, the iPhone's own weight will cause it to get cracked when dropped, how much more damage will it cause to the iPhone when you add 5 pounds of metal?
this case is just plain stupid..
16. rayman173 posted on 14 Apr 2012, 22:35 6 0
Well.......this case is awkwardly large....u could throw that junk at someone and knock them dead cold.......lol
46. kshell1 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 08:09 1 0
unless the glass from the iphone took their eyes out 1st..........
24. Phullofphil posted on 15 Apr 2012, 06:22 1 0
I wonder who is this "targeted" at cause sombody spent alot of time and money pluse must have a cnc machine or something that would machine it out for this project. If I really wanted to make this I am sure I could make it for cheaper than 650 dollars by a long shot. I also would think if I had snipers shooting at me with a fifty cal I would worry more about body armor. Also if this thing got shot while in your uhhhh pocket it would or could still completely destroy limbs and kill you. I think I will wait for the space case.
28. cellphonejunky posted on 15 Apr 2012, 11:48 2 0
I'm hoping everybody here realizes that's a crock.
50 cal bullets penetrate tanks even if magically the iphone doesn't get harmed the person holding it will
53. Mandroid posted on 16 Apr 2012, 18:28 0 0
But you're forgetting the iphone IS "magical", steve bl*wjobs said so!
32. Raptor9142 posted on 15 Apr 2012, 12:44 4 0
suckers buy ur body armor today or ur gona die!!
LIVE OR DIE MAKE UR CHOICE,
33. som posted on 15 Apr 2012, 13:20 0 0
The case for army only ordinary people don't need it.
35. sscott3548 posted on 15 Apr 2012, 13:28 2 0
i just want to meet the person who thinks they need this and have a drink with them you know thats going to be a funny conversation
39. tedkord posted on 15 Apr 2012, 17:48 1 0
I'm actually working on a similar new case for the iPhone, but it's better than this. It has 1-foot of lead on all four sides, and is kept 500ft below the surface of the Earth. It will allow your iPhone to withstand a bunker buster bomb being lobbed at it. Additionally, it will protect your phone from fallout in the event of a nuclear blast.
Once I release it, you'll realize the folly of exposing your phone to potential conventional and nuclear blast risks. It'll be well worth the cost to keep your iPhone secure.
42. garz_pa posted on 16 Apr 2012, 00:12 2 0
I'd rather spend that money on a bulletproof vest than a ridiculous bulletproof iPhone case. And who the hell would want to assassinate an iPhone???
43. meowcenary posted on 16 Apr 2012, 00:21 1 0
hmm...the kinetic energy would still do damage to the phone.
44. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 16 Apr 2012, 02:31 0 0
lol even with that cover on I bet the glass on the iphone would shatter if i drop it from shoulder hight! :D hahaha
45. Raptor9142 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 03:56 0 0
just ask apple to provide the gun too when u can provide its jacket :D
APPLE forgot to give rifles :D
47. tward291 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:32 0 0
i call Bs on this one no way it can stop a .50 cal round most of are armor cant even stop impacts from a .50 not to mention how stupid and pointless this will be a total waste of time and money your time is better spent watching back door sluts 7 and dropping bombs on tehran
49. StalkinUrMom posted on 16 Apr 2012, 10:44 2 0
Because thin phones are just too mainstream for these iPhone hipsters.
50. EclipseGSX posted on 16 Apr 2012, 11:46 0 0
i hope they drop it on their foot and break it
58. rayman173 posted on 18 Apr 2012, 09:12 0 0
Wtf......for 650 I could get a damn galaxy note.....the international version.....and 650 could also get u a 16 GB iPhone....