Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPad Air used to shoot and edit ad for Bentley
The iMovie app was employed for the shoot using an attached custom keyboard case. Interestingly, most of the editing was done in the back seat of a Bentley with the iPad Air. The car that is the focus of the video is the $300,000 Bentley Mulsanne and the crew utilized special lenses, mounts, and cases with the iPhone 5s to give the production a professional look and feel.
With apologies to Dr. Phil, this is not the first rodeo for the Apple iPhone 5s in this field. You might recall that even before the phone was released last year, the device was used by Burberry to record a fashion show.
Whether or not a Bentley is your thing, you can check out the video shot on the Apple iPhone 5s and edited on the Apple iPad Air, by clicking on the video below.
source: WOBentley, TheLoop via MacRumors
1. Sauce (unregistered)
Beautiful content for the beautiful haters to hate on. Incoming envy, jealous, rage, sarcasm, and all negativity due to one simple, yet powerful word. Apple!
Great promo Bentley. You know how to make a great film using great tools.
2. nctx77 (Posts: 576; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Please! Samsung S5 and note 10.1 used to shoot promo for Tupperware!
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1679; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Too much plastic :( Is that even eco friendly?
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Cheap shattering glass and cheap coated single layerd bendable aluminium iP4.iP5
The ip3. 3Gs were plastic
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
N4 has Gorilla glass2
iPhones use first grade Gorilla glass
Did you know Apple made millions on broken And Shattered Glass Last Year
Millions Wth riping customers and charging them $80 for front and back glass when it costs them peanuts to buy
35. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1275; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You should thank Apple for Gorilla Glass. It was a forgotten product at Corning until Apple used it, and then everyone else followed them.
39. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
In related news, and not to be outdone by Bentley and Apple, several Android manufacturers have banded,together with a high profile maker of exclusive horse drawn transportation devices and have made their own video.
This unique transportation device features a fully blown Android entertainment system. There are no electric tables, but there is ample room on the floor to place your Android device, no matter what size it is."
13. Sauce (unregistered)
Better than a "water resistant" phone. Who makes a phone that SHATTERS underwater. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? LET THE HATE GAMES BEGIN :D I knew someone couldn't resist. Ahhh. Leave it to an Apple article to get on peoples sad nerves lol.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Vertu and Rolls Royce would be great.
27. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And Nokias 8 series
14. Sauce (unregistered)
Lmao 96 you always make me laugh. Love your posts
18. Sauce (unregistered)
That awkward moment when Samsung realizes Tupperware has better quality devices than them.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 12623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Right Sauce, very nicely done. Apples got some powerful tools for making, editing vids. +1
21. iCloud (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2014)
Great video and great recording. Killed it at the end when seeing all the add-ons to the iPhone in order to do great recording. I wonder how much worse the video would have been without the add on lens and stability tools.
25. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
+1, Remember Thirty years of Mac? They shot that entire video with iphones too. iPhoneography.
26. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
This is a great ad by Bentley, loved every bit of it.
33. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
There's a video out there of Dave Grohl playing a child's drumset.
You may wonder what this has to do with this comment, and it's simple. people with talent can get the most out of their tools. It's a great advertising opportunity for Apple and Bentley as well. But this isn't you or I this is professional. And I'm sure they'd rather be using better equipment because this probably took them 2 times longer if not more.
4. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Black and white?
If it was shot with a Samsung Note 3 or S5, it would've been shot in 4k with vibrant colors.
6. Ninetysix (Posts: 1679; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It's coming. Hyundai, Kia, & Mazda are currently negotiating with Samsung to make a video like this.
38. esperanza (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
Dude. One of the designers in that Bentley promo vid is Korean. SangYeup Lee.
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Samsung and GirgioArmani have made a phone
16. Sauce (unregistered)
ERMAHGAHD 4k OMGOMGOMG FOWUR KAAYYY REZOLEWSHUNS! ERMAAGAAHDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Bentley Breitling GirgioArmani
Marques of Prestige
9. kane74 (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
These cars are just for the very old and the very rich
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
For ubiquitous rare prestige super luxury W12 engine
Made for rich all age
15. mattkl (Posts: 180; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
I would be impressed if they didn't use lenses, gimbles, and shot it in color. Most devices could shoot this with all that equipment.
17. Sauce (unregistered)
Wrong. Without a rig or steady cam, all smartphones making a video like this would be sh*t, regardless of what stabilization they have built in.
Besides, the director and his team are the reason the video is so good. The equipment is next.
42. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1189; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Doesn't he just say what you are saying? That most devices can shoot this WITH the rig and steadycam?
46. Sauce (unregistered)
From what I understood, he said that most devices already are able to do this without the equipment they used in the video. Thats the way I interpreted it.
48. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1189; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Most devices could shoot this with all that equipment.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 3233; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
iMovie provide very basic tools like windows paint brush.
If that all is required to make that simple ad so be it. Apple fans are naive to believe they could rely on it for every video production.
30. BattleBrat (Posts: 1175; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Not bad, but the frame rate sucked at times :-(.
If it had Z2 level IS a simple smoothie would suffice.
36. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3739; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Apple pays Bentley to shoot video with iPhone to reinforce brand image as the device for the wealthy and wannabe wealthy. Like Apple has done a hundred times before with other "for the rich" companies and trendy brands. Yawn.
37. sprockkets (Posts: 1360; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Sorry, call bs on this. There are too many scenes where there are panning while in motion right in front of a car.
I'd have to see how they did it, because seriously, you won't be doing that with ANY PHONE without some $$$ equipment to assist it.
Oh and how lame is the built in ipads? Seriously that's just pathetic.
41. RajRicardo (Posts: 56; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
LOL!! This ad is going to bring the Bentley brand image down. Look at those Lamborghini ads...look at this black and white crap. I can't even see the car properly. That is what an iPhone does to you.
45. mrblah (Posts: 549; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
iGuess you and your fam should stock up then.
47. Sauce (unregistered)
You seem upset.