Android is the "best perceived brand" in the U.S. LGBT community according to BrandIndex
Other mobile related companies or brands in the top twenty include Samsung, which finished seventh with a "buzz index" of 31.7, tenth place Kindle with a score of 30, number fifteen LG which scored 27.5, the nineteenth place Apple iPod and the twentieth place Skype which came in at 26.3 and 25.4 respectively. Some other names in the list that do have some mobile presence include YouTube (#6) and Netflix (#14).
Twelve new names joined the top twenty this year and among the brands that fell off this year's list were Google and Amazon. On the other hand, Android and Kindle, brand names for software and hardware produced by Google and Amazon respectively, made it to the top twenty. YouGov interviews 5,000 U.S. citizens daily to get their opinion on brands. Those participating in the LGBT survey identified themselves as belonging to that community.
source: YouGov via AndroidCentral
1. Sprintfan posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:17 11 6
They obviously didn't take into account Starbucks baristas. :)
3. jove39 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:38 10 5
Good to see Android on top...and surprised to see top 3 belongs to mobile gadgets :)
4. christianqwerty posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:48 7 12
I myself am g.ay and have an iPhone, and many of my lgbt friends also use iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and other apple products, I find this kind of odd that android is on top.
7. PAPINYC (limited) 3 days ago posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:00 7 7
I think you're upset because the little green guy is on top and has made a bottom out of Apple.
However, I agree with you on these findings; I see more *** people or sexually ambiguous people on the the subway using iPhones and iPads. Except, of course, for those manly and mannish lesbians; they like butchy and bulky Android phones (from what I've seen).
10. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:20 1 1
What happen u don't use those I words anymore
when commenting on Apple products.
16. PAPINYC (limited) 3 days ago posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:55 3 1
iCan't use them because Apple pays PhoneArena to iBanme if iDo. It's amazing how many of these "objective" techblogs are in their pockets. One must only speak positively on iStuff and go along with their preachings (much like in a big Evangelical Temple [where members of the congragation have to fork over 40% of their income] or like a huge Mosque in the Middle East). But, iDigress, iLike my iPhone 4S (don't love it, just like it - serves a purpose). And, tonight, in honour of this story I am going to dress up my DROID CHARGE like Melissa Etheridge and place it on my face-down (screen-down) bare (sans Otter Box case) iPhone 4S.
48. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 03:54 1 1
How sad! I use to lmfao when ever u use to post on
17. thatjackal posted on 20 Jun 2012, 21:02 1 1
Okay, I'm g.ay but that was FREAKING hilarious. Also a shock to me; most of my friends have Apple products, though my best of friends use Android. Figures why it was so close in the voting.
35. DechyX posted on 21 Jun 2012, 00:17 1 0
I'm a dude and I like dudes and I use Windows but I love Android... but most other LGBT people I know do use Apple, including this guy I'm dating -___-
27. dmckay12 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:50 1 2
Even though I prefer android, I too am surprised that Apple products are not on top because they are very fruity.
46. phoenixpr posted on 21 Jun 2012, 03:28 1 1
All my gay friends that use iPhone and Mac and other apple products are bottoms. So I am not surprise at all. Just lube up and enjoy the Android baby!
5. taco50 (banned) posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:52 5 16
This is a weird study, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of trolling bashing Apple as usual.
6. appleDOESNT.com posted on 20 Jun 2012, 19:56 9 6
OK, i'll start, have you ever not owned a apple product taco? cause i own lots of technology from all sorts of cool companies, try it sometime, it's fun! oh and it's a weird study cause your cute little iPhone came in 2nd? oh and you know it's ok to like something other than apple even though apple doesn't want you to and does their best to herd you in and control you! oh and you asked for this :/
30. taco50 (banned) posted on 20 Jun 2012, 23:41 1 9
I've used android, windows, blackberry, apple, webos
33. bayusuputra posted on 20 Jun 2012, 23:45 9 1
yeah, for 5 mins each, except for apple, which you use 24/7..
39. taco50 (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:01 2 11
I used windows mobile for a full year, I used blackberry for a couple of years. I used webos for a couple of months as well as a palm centro for a few months. I have a galaxy tab 7.7 now that I use and I've used android phones on and off for a few weeks at a time.
I'm not very impressed by android. It's an inferior OS.
Windows I think will be a hit.
41. mas11 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:12 8 2
iOS has limited multitasking
Lacks expandable storage
No file manager
Lacks flash support
So how is Android the inferior one?
52. protozeloz posted on 21 Jun 2012, 07:30 1 0
IGNORE HIM, He is trolling, he claims is inferior because he feels like it, he never said why....
59. taco50 (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 11:59 0 2
You don't get it. The things you complain about are withheld on purpose to make using the phone a good user experience. To prevent lag , poor battery corrupted OS etc. you know all the issues android has.
61. protozeloz posted on 21 Jun 2012, 12:31 1 0
Ha! like iOS doesn't have issues, you just a sore excuse for a fan boy
62. mas11 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 13:02 0 1
What issues? My DROID 4 has never frozen, doesn't lag and I have yet to find a single bug. See the nice thing about widgets is that you don't have to open an app to get the information you want, just unlock your phone. The reason iOS lacks expandable storage is because they want you to buy a more expensive iPhone instead of buying an SD card. I can go on and on about why Apple is so restrictive, but in the end they always will be in order to keep up their high profit margin and keep the user experience the way they want it to be. The only reason the iPhone 4S has such good battery life is because it has a small screen and lacks 4G Lte.
63. taco50 (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 13:13 0 0
Widgets also drain battery and make your phone freeze.
Android followed Apple's lead with lots of built in storage. Remember how crappy androids were when they had 512mb of built in memory?
Not a single bug = you're lying
65. mas11 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 14:49 0 0
They don't drain nearly as much battery as you think they do. I would rather have the option, you don't have to use them. Plus with the RAZR MAXX, battery draining widgets are a joke (btw the RAZR MAXX is still thinner than the iPhone 4S even with the giant battery).
The OG DROID had half that with only 256MB of RAM and it was the Time Magazine Gadget of the year beating the 4th place iPhone 3GS.
And seriously I haven't found a single bug yet, sure there probably are a few bugs, but I have yet to encounter any. The current build is extremely stable.
67. taco50 (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 19:27 0 0
Agree with the Maxxx battery life isn't a concern, but on a lot of android phones it is. The original Droid had plenty of lag issues due to the low amount of memory.
14. wendygarett posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:40 17 0
Relax taco.... Your iPhone is on the list...
12. GoBears posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:32 6 0
At the bottom, just like in every other community.
15. denied911 (banned) posted on 20 Jun 2012, 20:51 2 0
you just made my day with this news :)
28. RiseAgainst94 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:52 0 2
WP is actually the highest rated OS for cell phones from users. Get at me ;]
18. PapaSmurf posted on 20 Jun 2012, 21:03 6 0
Android got a higher rating than the iPhone and iPad. Samsung got a higher rating
So taco, what's your opinion on all of this?
20. android_sucks posted on 20 Jun 2012, 21:30 1 2
Who took the time to do this? Who cares!!!!!!
21. networkdood posted on 20 Jun 2012, 21:50 1 0
Part of the reason is that Iproducts have become bland, I mean look at the latest update...
22. networkdood posted on 20 Jun 2012, 21:53 7 1
McDonald's is lot like APPLE - McDonald's is by far the number one choice of consumers for fast food, and yet the food is garbage.
Apple is number one in some respects, and, yet, inferior to Android.
Just because something is popular does not mean it is better.
Just like the 8bit NES and the Sega Master System.
I always find it fascinating that someone like Taco or G.K. are so seriously pro-apple on these posts. It would make a great case study for fanaticism.
31. taco50 (banned) posted on 20 Jun 2012, 23:42 3 8
says the android fanatic who trolls PA to bash Apple articles
34. ilia1986 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 00:10 6 1
Says the Apple fanatic who trolls iPA to bash Android users.
40. taco50 (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:03 1 7
Actually I don't. I defend Apple from the constant trolling.
45. ilia1986 posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:48 4 1
By... trolling iPA to bash Android users.
49. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) posted on 21 Jun 2012, 04:00 1 1
You didn't answer his question! Taco.
24. networkdood posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:05 1 0
Yeah, read the comparison - it speaks volumes of what America has been and is nowadays...
25. tedkord posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:09 2 0
I find this interesting only because Apple CEO Tim Cook is reportedly ***. Other than that, I don't really see that it means anything. Except that the LGBT community have excellent taste.
26. Danalvi1981 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 22:49 1 1
I'm *** and I have an Android!!! This list is so right!!!
54. good2great posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:15 0 0
haha... this comment is the BEST so far on this article...haha
44. Sniggly posted on 21 Jun 2012, 01:28 1 1
I approached this post with some trepidation. I feared there would be a lot more gey bashing than there actually was. Except for a few dumbasses (including Taco, who invited bulls**t posts even though there were none) I'm quite pleased with the positivity here tonight. Please keep it up, guys.
55. good2great posted on 21 Jun 2012, 09:16 1 0
if apple was #1 on the list i'm sure the gey bashing and apple bashing and comment bullying would be multiplied GREATLY...