Android ICS wins gold at Parsons' School of Design 2102 UX Awards, Matias Duarte says "Score!"
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
3. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
aaaaaand they said iOS is the best UI.. Ha! take that!
5. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So funny ìOS, best UI?! So boring and doesn't fit to be a smartphone UI. I'd rather choose windows metro style than 4x4 grid of apps. Go launcher hd is way better than iOS UI.
10. HTCFreak (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Nobody said that iOS had a better UI than ISC, maybe Android 2.3, but not ICS... Even the iOS users love ICS, and they don' critique everything (except for taco :p )
14. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The diehard, hardcore android users don't want a no-name college in NYC to be the standard-bearer for UI excellence. Next thing you know, any degree-mill college will work as well.
I like to think the android camp would have some standards as opposed to reaching for recognition from a no-name college. By the way, I went to Stuyvesant HS so I know about Parson's School of Design.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sour grapes from mister negative. go figure.
27. Dedren (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
I am late to the party, but Parsons is widely recognized as one of the most prestigious art and design universities in the world. So this is about as big of a deal as it gets for design.
20. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
UI? i should say that WP is better than iOS. But i should give credit on the customization ability of android.
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5274; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I thought about this....which makes this award even better. Many ppl like the Live Tiles and just WP7 in general.
4. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Congrats Android, that's the true advance mobile os. Android haters will say again it copied ios... obviously they knew it's not true.
Btw, who thumbs you down wendygarett?? You have an interesting comment. That person might have some interesting hatred with you lol;-p
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Maybe I cant express my surprise, and somebody thought that im trolling :)
What I surprise the most is that ICS has something advance zillion times than the boring iOS faceTime...
26. jroc74 (Posts: 5274; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
And just like before ICS....for it to be a copy ...it would have to be a copy in alot of areas.
One place iFans can say its a copy is the Settings area. Honeycomb and ICS went with the on/off slider. After that...
6. SillyMe (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Yeahhhh great news, except when will another 93% of android users get an update ? Yup thought so.....
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1353; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
They don't need ICS to get a good UI, just download an ICS Launcher or something, that's a way better update than iOS 6.
13. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You see... unlike iPhone users Android users don't have this burning desire to have the "latest" to become "cool".
My Dad has a Droid X running 2.3 and couldn't be happier. I have mentioned to him that I could install ICS several times if I rooted his phone and he merely shrugs at me. He also uses his phone all day to access work emails.
My brother has a Droid 2, also has no desire to have the latest software.
My sister has a Droid Pro and she ALSO DOESN'T GIVE A s**t.
Enjoy your iOS "6".. or should I call it 5.5?
19. SillyMe (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
It's not like we have burning desire to have the latest to become cool. Some of us paid for our phones a lot and some of us loveeeeeee new tech and ofcourse you expect more from it,
There fore I can't wait ICS :)
28. Dedren (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
And worse, even if you do get an update your phone's manufacturer is NOT going to use pure ICS because it doesn't allow them to differentiate themselves from all other phone manufacturers.
Next time you buy a phone, speak with your wallet, and make sure it is a Nexus device. Anything else and you risk having sub-par results.
In the mean time if you want to get a taste of what ICS feels like on your non-Nexus phone, try out, ICS Launcher in the Play Store.
11. mrochester (unregistered)
ICS is indeed infinitely better than previous versions of Android in the UX department. It's just a pity that manufacturers see fit to skin the hell out of it and ruin all of Google's good work!
12. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
even so... android still awesome :)
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
"functional simplicity and ease of use. "
Whats that? its beautiful AND easy to use? you dont say! Yet its still deeply complex for those that want those features? Really!?
what a surprise!! :)
21. joonyboy (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Nov 2010)
whoa what was that unlock animation at 2:29 in the video? Does anybody know anything about that?
23. SillyMe (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Face unlock :) Just hold your device in front of your face to unlock, or use a backup PIN or pattern.