Alleged Xiaomi Mi 5 design leaks out, side bezels begone
1. Scarambay (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Looks strikingly similar to HTC One (M7). The designs of both Mi 4 and Mi 5 are appealing to me unlike Mi 3.
4. vincelongman (Posts: 4111; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Missing the front facing speakers
More like the BlackBerry Z10 or Oppo Find 3, which were also released before the M7
9. Industriality (Posts: 131; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)
Except the 6 mm side bezels on the M7 (got a M7, this pisses me off a lot)...
I keep for the audio output and awesome build, M8 too fat, need a 5,2 in the body of the M7.
12. Finalflash (Posts: 2779; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well this still has bezels but they just colored them black so next to an off screen you can't see them.
2. neela_akaash (Posts: 1114; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Now blame these pics as a copy of Apple.... Hail Xiaomi.
16. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
This specific one is more like a HTC M series copy. I havent seen a single phone from Xiaomi with their own unique design.
22. neela_akaash (Posts: 1114; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
May i have the pic of the htc phone with such a bezel-less screen.....
24. Chunkyspudface (Posts: 65; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Nice try. It may be different but you CAN see some design ideas were used by HTC. (not saying that's a bad thing, it looks great, just not original)
3. duartix (Posts: 287; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
Finally done with that big area of waste space where The Button was?
Good for them. I'm wondering how much more tens of iterations before Apple decide do do the same...
18. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 512; Member since: 07 May 2012)
the mate 7 still looks better, one of best looking phablets in my opinion. just out of my price range
6. Bondurant (Posts: 417; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Unless its a 6inch phone, this news is fake.
7. xeonfire (Posts: 88; Member since: 15 Feb 2014)
I guess with company like xiaomi, it doesn't need to care much about sticking to a design parameters, therfore can do whatever they like, no bezel on the sides, qHD screen and what not...there bound to be a lot of consumer who like to have a cheaper phone with great specs.
19. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 512; Member since: 07 May 2012)
mi 3 is too square,otherwise the looks ok,cost not bad for 64 gb version
11. SPASE (Posts: 205; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I'm wondering what it will look like with a case on!?
13. Andrewtst (Posts: 609; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Mi3 - copy Nokia
Mi4 - copy iPhone
Mi5 - copy HTC One
Mi don't have any originality.
20. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 512; Member since: 07 May 2012)
how does this look like the htc one, do you even know what the htc one looks like. Open your eyes or get a pair of glasses
14. Chuck007 (Posts: 1041; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Good they are deviating from iPhone design. Not too shabby at all.
17. NightSurfer (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
I expect more from xiaomi now that they have more funds. Not the facebook phone or alibaba firephone wanna be.
23. JohnWest (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2014)
All design languages were pretty much used by current phone manufacturers so it is not surprising that another phone will have a resemblance with any of the existing ones. With the number of phones available today, any design that Xiaomi will come up to will just look similar to any of the phones today. I don't want a phone which sacrifices comfort just to look original. (maybe triangle-shaped? thick bezel? camera under? power button in front?)
25. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
All Android devices are the same now. No bezels and huge screen. 3 year old Qualcomm trash powering them sluggishly.
Lollipop is locked down and GApps are closed source.
Android is toast. Opens Source has been tamed and Android has been monetized fully by Google.
Next OS please.
28. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Chinese makers like things thin don't they? Then bezels, then side frames...wonder whats next?
30. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Only a screen. Conductive audio. On screen buttons. Bigger screen and thinner every iteration. Every device looks exactly the same.
31. akshayguptahere (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 May 2014)
Well people here are quite annoyed with Xiaomi without even using it!! I hv been using mi3 since last 3 months and i am quite sure, it is not a copy of Samsung/apple/htc etc etc!! If it would have been a copy, it could have hanged bt it didn't! I am satisfied ( happy) with its performance, display, build, camera, sound, touch, call quality, NOISE CANCELLATION, UI, regular updates, In built security features, heavy customisation, Themes and wallpapers update... and other countless features! I AM SURE, I"LL BE BUYING MI4, MI5, MI6 as soon as it comes and not only me but other Xiaomi users will also do the same! Very rare samsung/htc/sony user says this bt I AM SURE ABOUT WHAT I SAID!!
so please, if ur company is not giving u everything u want, stop criticising OTHER BRANDS!! XIAOMI IS GIVING ME EVERYTHING AND I AM SURE, ITS NOT A COPY!!!
32. jackson_kaeluen (Posts: 87; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Its totally similar to Huawei Mate7. Bloody Xiaomi, LOL