A new Samsung processor alleged to be in the iPhone 5, another Apple Maps app screenshot leaks
1. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i wonder what would apple be without samsung :/
unlike apple, samsung makes its OWN phones not just the design and let other companies do it for them :/
8. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
These words are definitely from S-Sheep !!!
16. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I can imagine how many S-sheep are wondering here by counting the thumbs down !!
26. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
or it could just be from everyone since its a troll post. :)
I think he meant "where would apple be without samsung parts and processors".
They would probably be crapdragon infused like pretty much everything else thats not samsung
30. rf1975 (Posts: 247; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Where would Samsung without Apple orders.....
33. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Samsung and Apple are not only competitors to each other but also customers. its just like AT&T and Verizon. Verizon is AT&T's biggest competitor but also its biggest costumer. Verizon uses AT&T's internet service.true story.
39. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That makes total sense. I am sure that AT&T uses Verizon and or Sprint fiber too. It is called redundancy.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
there are Samsung phones with a Snapdragon chips... remix.
46. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why yes there are. And without Samsung, iphones would probably use crapdragon chips too.. that was my point.
49. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I do believe you exynos are superior.. I wouldnt mind a iphone with a snapdragon.. I think
9. dickwyn (Posts: 597; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yea apple will do ok with ARM/Intel processors, the panel from sony & LG and finally value will go down and their share will be about the same. Samsung's luck started with android and not because they are smart, its because of android. you ever notice they had not much successs with bada and their cheap phone before android was popular. and please man their phones are plastic at least put some metal or special materials
13. hung2900 (Posts: 805; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Apple planned to do that with the new Ipad, but why they couldn't do that?
37. dickwyn (Posts: 597; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they just could not get ready enough panels so they had to go with plan B
27. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh really. Samsung wasnt a huge company before android? wow, coulda fooled me.
no luck with bada? They are selling at a much higher rate than WP7 without spending tons on advertising like WP7. Bada sets sell higher than iphones in some countries.
their " plastic" is more durable than your "special materials". light weight, thinner, and stronger.
know your facts before you troll.
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
"Bad a sells higher than iphone in some countries"
Care to back this up with facts or are you doing your usual remix of facts.
He's right that android has led to Samsung success in the smartphone market. Samsung has been around for a while, but Rim, Nokia and others were beating. Now they are hands down THE android smartphone maker. They lead in android market share and profit.
Bad a isn't even on the map.
40. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, its true. go use google and find it. there was a blurb about on on PA towards the end of last year if I remember right. It may or may not still be true, but it was at one time. Dude, the iphone barely sells in many western european and asian countries. It really only sells in America and a few other choice spots. Obviously Bada's low price has a lot to do with it, but in the real world outside of your fanboy head, price matters.
I still wouldnt buy it.. lol.
BTW, Samsung has been a massive supplier of phones and smart phones for a very very long time. you need to go look up a bit of history before you spout off.
34. deeoh1084 (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
dumbest comment i ever saw... Samsung was #2 in the world after Nokia before Android came out i believe and please do some research before you post something like this
55. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
exactly deeoh. samsung makes a ton of products outside of phones. they are simply trying to outsell the iphone/ipad in america. google bought out motorola, and that is a conflict of interests to manufacturers who rely on android. thus bada and other os's. im sure bada will be integrated to tsion? or whatever it was called
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
don't worry, Apple would have sales records even with iPhone 5 with single core and old LCD ;)
"flvrd dot com"
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5009; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Samsung makes their own screens, own chips, own ram...
I have to agree with this.
Samsung is one of the few phone manufactures where most of their parts are made by the manufacture.
2. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
you spelt 'October' wrong in the first paragraph
5. baldilocks (Posts: 524; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
You spelled 'spelled' wrong.............. ;)
24. dawolf (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I speak the Queen's english. I don't speak american. google 'spelt' before commenting!
28. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i always wondered why they change that to "kings/queens english" depending on the monarch. Do they get to change parts of the language they dont like? Switch the meanings of words to their pleasure? Or is it just a form of respect in slang?
Actual honest question, not a troll.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5620; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've never even heard of the SGX543RC...hm, an interesting rumor to say the least.
6. Hyde_Yamato (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
samsung should not give help for apple.. and we can see how become iphone5 then. it would be very ugly and slow.
11. dickwyn (Posts: 597; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah and samsung would be that stupid and lose their biggest customer and lose their company value
32. dax0330 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
And apple needs to stop some of the ridiculous patent lawsuits against samsung.
38. Hyde_Yamato (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
yeah,, too much ridiculous patent lawsuit from apple, it is indicate that apple can't do health competition. so apple should admit they can't make a better phone like samsung did. especially Galaxy S3
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
wow..all the iphone5 rumors so far seem so underwhelming
31. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they are adding 3d navigation and a 4 inch screen. neither is mind blowing. But what do you expect, apple only does small upgrades, they dont shake their products up with big changes. Sad fact, just like every other over hyped rumor mill, 70% of these rumors are false, if not more.
42. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yeah like the SGSIII is so minblowing that even onwers of the SGSII wont even consider the upgrade... to the lates flagship device from Samsung
44. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
just like the fact that the iphone4s is so mindblowing 3gs and 4 customers dont want to upgrade. I see it everyday
51. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
when have already discuss millions of times about the iphone 4s..lets move on. we are almost at the new iphone release. please dont bring the past. the SGSIII is now.. if you dont have any argument to defend the SGSIII without bring in an iphone 4s relased 8 months ago.. then move go back to OCT 2011 and find a forum to discuss the iphone 4s
47. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really?? the sales seem to contradict that, gallito.
Besides, American SGS2 owners havent even had their device for a year, which means they wont be eligible for any discount on any carriers if they used their upgrade for the SGS2. If they buy it, they are paying full retail.
a phone upgrade is meant for every OTHER generation. SGS1 owners are meant to get the SGS3, SGS2 owners are meant to get the SGS4.
3GS owners bought the i4s. The only reason any i4 owners bought it, is because there was nearly 18 months between the i4 and i4s.
Yet, the SGS3 is still outpacing every apple product and it just launched.
52. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
see remix. you are confusing carriers pre orders with consumer purchase... but I agree and disagree with you.. agree on that the SGSIII is the upgrade for the OG Galaxy owners just like the iphone 4S was to the owners of the iphone 3Gs.. but when the iphone 4S was released you and the rest of your fandroid crews were saying exactly what I am now saying for the SGSIII.. but fandroids were running their mouth saying that the exact phone was released.. now is your turn. the SGSIII is not worth upgrading unless you have a 2 year old Android. as there is nothing new under the hood of the Galaxy that's were I disagree...
10. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Samsung are NOT the only company manufacturing chip-sets !!
12. hung2900 (Posts: 805; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Apple knows it and Apple wanna be independent from Samsung too, but they cannot do that ai this time.
Look at the new Ipad's conponents to see.
19. hung2900 (Posts: 805; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
SherlockHolmes, I think you disliked my 2 posts, right? Are you Taco's son? You act exactly like him. Poor you.
22. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Hey I never Dislike anyone's post usually as everyone have their own views !!
For Sure this was not me who unliked your post !!
23. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I just liked all 3 of your posts to prove that I was not the one who did that :)
Now you should trust me I think !!
18. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
No article should have Apple and Samsung in the same title as those fanboys start coming and start fighting.
You do like a company, that's good for you.. maybe the other person likes the other one, why the hell do you want that everyone should follow what you like..
According to me both Apple and Samsung are awesome companies, both of them have their own different style, one represents the iOS and the other represents Android and they both make the top shelf smartphone
Remember guys, you do have the right to have your own personal favorites but that does not mean that you will start insulting the other competitors, they both are really good companies and that is the only reason that why they have got so far from other companies..!!
45. ngo2dd (Posts: 787; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
haha logic is not aloud here okay, both sheep will attack you.
20. angelesmec (unregistered)
Thanks to Samsung.. Apple users enjoy thier handsets..
21. angelesmec (unregistered)
29. remixfa (Posts: 13942; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
A5... just one number away from A15. Wouldnt that just be a kicker if apple got an A15 exynos/A5 before samsung threw one in their own phones. I doubt that would happen though.
36. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
How come every article about iPhones get near 100 comments and most of them are post of people hating on them. And it's always the same people, does android pay you guys to hate on apple?
48. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
They all are saying I-sheep and all !!
But they do not look in the mirror that they are S-Sheep protecting Samsung whatever they do !!!
Samsung lovers come up by criticizing and trying to destroy other Companies !!
While I-sheep and all other come up by loving their own companies !!
50. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Be fair dude, people on both sides rip on other companies. I think Apple puts out good products, I dislike their business practices more than anything. That is my opinion and preference. If you like iOS and dislike Android, good for you, it is your right.
Really, Sangeet said it best........
World would be f'ing boring if we all liked the same things.
56. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Wasn't expecting my name here :D
Just was randomly searching my name in the PhoneArena and came here.
That one thumb up is from me..!!
54. jroc74 (Posts: 5009; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
And every Android article has some folks hating on Android. The same folks too.
Its a 2 way street. It is what it is....