Samsung SGH-D500 User Reviews

daniel moore is gay posted on Mar 16, 2008, 11:16 AM

im not gay

its the best phone ever alot better than my gay mate daniels phone the e370 is a bag of bollox.oh and by the way im not gay

anymore

S.C.C posted on May 13, 2007, 11:34 AM

COOL PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the best phone ever. The video is ok, the sceen should be bigger...

Glasgownights posted on Dec 08, 2006, 5:39 AM

0.36 SAR

It has the lowest average SAR (head and body) compared to all the other phones and that's enough for me. My Health is my top concern.

Additionally it's a slider which makes it stylish enough, it's screen is good and it's features sufficient.

It's battery is average and i could use an alarm clock i could customize to my own mp3 sounds and not these lame bird chirps.

I would rate it 4.5 out of 5. There are better phones out there than this but none combines most features with so much little radiation.

Dave posted on Jul 15, 2006, 7:26 AM

nice but not enough

I started out with it for one week ago. The thing that I dislike most is the battery, which does'nt hold too long..,I have to charge mine every evening.., and I use the phone to it's maximum then i guess; listening to mp3s
etc.
There are not enough features for me, and its too bad that there are no memory stick on it.., I have already filled up the internal memory on my phone.
Well, it will do well for most normal users, but I'll go further into the rabbit hole of mobile phones and next one is sony ericsson w810, I kind of miss ericsson: which i prefer before samsung.
cya on the beach in Båstad=)
/dave, the mad man

tyron posted on Apr 06, 2006, 8:20 AM

wow

the best eva!

Hutch posted on Apr 03, 2006, 7:24 PM

6.4

Poor sound quality

Nice design, with a good camera, GPRS and Bluetooth. BUT I wanted two things - long battery life (I was used to 8 days from my Nokia 6310i) and good sound quality. This phone has neither. Battery life is 3 days, and I have to concentrate to understand what's being said. In a noisy environment (e.g. a car) it's sometimes impossible to understand a call.

Edu posted on Mar 21, 2006, 10:47 AM

THE BEST

D500 IT´S A GREAT FON! IN MY OPNION IS THE BEAST ONE! VERY GOOD VIDEO CAM! I LIKED A LOT THE MEMORY! A LOT OF SPACE TO US! A INDICATE THIS FON! JUST THE BEST!

Nauan posted on Feb 17, 2006, 1:22 PM

Perfection

Excellent phone!!! Not regretting buying it one bit. I got mine last summer and until now it's working like a charm. Almost a perfect solution by Samsung.

Sara posted on Dec 05, 2005, 4:56 PM

Samsung SGH D500

this phone is amazing! ive had it since the day it was out. ive dropped it and everything and the phone is still as good as the day i bought it. this is an amazing phone, the things on it are great. and it is highly recommended by me! the look is also great!
sara aged 15 xx

Axle_Hollister posted on Jul 06, 2005, 10:32 AM

Awesome Phone!!!

My cousin in Germany has this phone on an E+Plus contract. This phone has all the features in the world. The camera is excellent. We went to Paris and she took multi-shot pics of the Effil Tower and they looked as good as my 6.1 megapixel digital camera! Another great feature includes the MP3 player as well as the Video Player/recorder. The slide-up design is very easy to use, just gentle push and it slides up on its own! Great phone! I recomd it to anyone looking for a phone w/ great features. Plus the phone doesn't feel flimsy in your hand! Very well built! Good Job Samsung!

shawn posted on Mar 18, 2005, 6:33 AM

good phone

such a terific handphone,it may cost a lot of money but it certainly a good handphone for me to say.But it is embrassed because it cannot support 3G ability.

samsung d500 boy posted on Feb 22, 2005, 10:40 AM

5.8

a average phone

the phone looks fantastic and the camera quality is ok but the sound quality is very poorand i prefer my old nokia 6600 ,if u are after a d500 and are not worried about the price or the quality then go and get one but if you want a really good phone get a nokia 6230 or 6600.

Luke posted on Feb 04, 2005, 9:27 AM

Great phone...

Brimming with features however the one complaint i have is the lack of ability to move and file away images, videos, etc. like the newer Nokias. Could do with expandable memory too but its not the end of the world as it has plenty built in. Other than that, its an amazing phone.

big smoke saad schools posted on Jan 28, 2005, 5:08 PM

japanese bliss

As i mentioned earlier"japo bliss".The phone has an exelent array of multimedia features;MP3,Bluetooth & infrared(full funcuality),E-mail client,262144K screen(pictures just don't do it justice),a 1.3 magapixel camera with a LED powered flash,MPEG4/H.263 video,WAP 2.0,and an internal user memory witch is up to 96 MB(built in).And to top all that,an aerognomatic design,and an easy (one hand push)slider to match."japanese bliss"...

myk ryt posted on Jan 27, 2005, 6:14 PM

impressed

excellent phone! i trashed my motorola e1000, ime glad i did because it made me get a d500.... would have like expandable memory though! nevermind.. i'll upgrade when they bring one out!

dingle posted on Jan 26, 2005, 5:21 AM

bad phone

I think this is one of the best phones made it has all the features a good phone needs I have one and am satisfied with the result. I recommend this phone to anyone who has the money.
Dingle

C12i513 posted on Jan 14, 2005, 5:37 PM

Seksi!!!!

wow. wat a nice phone. simply the best i have seen so far. makes the motorola razr look like a pea. tons of extras; video (an hour!), bluetooth, 1.3 mpxl, camera with 7x zoom. 4x while taking video. Mp3 player! forget the ipod, buy a d500!!!

Djidji Midji posted on Jan 11, 2005, 9:57 AM

BEST PHONE SO FAR !

SO WHAT TO SAY - BEST PHONE EVER MADE, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, COMPACT PHONE WITH NOTHING TO IMPROVE ! BTOOTH,IRDA,1.3M.PIXEL CAMERA,MP3,VIDEO,BIG DISPLAY,1000 ENTRYS PHONE BOOK,SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLY OVERPOWERING PHONE !

Joe Uzi posted on Jan 03, 2005, 3:31 PM

President

yes it is a good phone all the futures in another word top end phone i owe d500 for about 1 month averything works properly,very easy to download mp3's,but lately i'm having problem with phonebook,in last 1 week in about every day 10-15 names out of 200 names in phonebook just disapears i have no idea what is going on i am ready to report this problem to Samsung

moth posted on Dec 29, 2004, 5:29 PM

samsung d500

very sexy proper bo!!!! excellent top phone very good value for money so i suggest you all go out and buy one they had sold out everywhere so that tells you how good they are!!!!

Jono posted on Dec 24, 2004, 8:49 AM

The style of business.

The D500 has to be the best phone of 2004, because it has a 1.3 MPX camera and a video recorder that can recored 1 hour of footage. It has a 262K TFT colour screen and has a sexy slide up mechanism, bluetooth, MP3, voice clarity and a sound mate gadge. In other words it is fantastic!!!

Serial Thrilla posted on Dec 24, 2004, 8:35 AM

Samsung had unleashed its black magic!

The samsung SGH-D500 has to be samsung's sexiest phone with its sleek slide up and its 262 TFT colour screen.Its storage is good as well (96 MB) and its 1.3 MPX camera has to be one of the best cameras on the market!!! ITS GREAT !!!

Georgez posted on Dec 22, 2004, 2:46 AM

once more Joe Uzi

I own D-410 at the moment, and I have bought it the same way as I try to get D500. the window wants me to write 150 characters so I need to write something. End.

George posted on Dec 22, 2004, 2:33 AM

Joe Utzi

Hi Joe Utzi. You wrote that samsung is a 6th mobile you got in 8th month. When will you buy the next phone? I hope it will be soon. What money would you want for d-500, I would buy it man. Or rather what country are you from, because I cant buy it in my country (Czech republic). I know you may find all this crazy but I felt in love to D-500. Please let me know i you can help me somehow!!! Thanx a lot. Mail to: MTZ@likop.cz

JayDubz posted on Dec 15, 2004, 5:45 AM

Top Phone!!!!

Having tested the phone for myself I can say it is a huge step forward for Samsung. At last a phone they make that is full compatable with other models. Bluetooth and Infrared both Fully Functional! All this and many more features in a phone of that size. Also i must mention the large mount of memory 96mb user available(92mb+4mb for java games and applications) About time they also started including an mp3 player which they have been lacking. There is already so much demand for this phone and i cant wait to get my own. If you compare it in terms of features to many other new phones out there at the moment you really cant see it as inferior! Like I said its a Top Phone and the best Samsung have evr made! Only a few problems exist such as the lack of full customisation in the sms tones, alarm but thats all i can think of. Finally i have to mention the mega pixel camera, its quality is astounding and its even known to be better than that of the Sony Ericsson S700i! Imagine that and the S700i costs even more than it! Buy this, you wont regret it!