Samsung SGH-A237 User Reviews - PhoneArena

6.5
4.5

jezer gutierrez posted on Dec 31, 2010, 1:25 AM

i hate this phone

jezer gutierrez has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this is the is restart during this calls the GPRS is not activate because the problem is not supported the sim this is the internet is not faster this is poor browser internet
i dont wanna say the phone is not quality the bluetooth is not connected to other brand phones sample to nokia,samsung and other

Pros

• mobile email
  • java games

Cons

• no wifi
  • no music player
  • no video camera
  • bluetooth is not supported to other brands
  • call is weaking
  • 3.5mm audio jack
  • no 3g internet

techy review man posted on Nov 07, 2010, 5:33 PM

pretty nice phone but little features

techy review man has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i would recommend this phone for people who want a cheap lightweight slim phone. it has all the features you need. internet browser is not so fast but if your desperate for a cheap phone this is the right one for you. nice design. comes in red,black,and blue. comes with charger,phone,user manual in english and spanish,and battery.

Pros

• NICE CAMERA
  • INTERNET BROWSER IS FAIRLY FAST
  • HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED

Cons

• WEB BROWSER DOES NOT HAVE GOOD LOOKS

Anonymous posted on Feb 14, 2010, 11:43 AM

1.7

Company provided me this cell phone for work so it was not my choice to get it.  I do NOT like this phone. My personal cell phone is a Sony Ericsson Z750a and it is a workhorse compared to the Samsung.  The Samsung has the soft buttons on the side of the phone. When I flip open phone to answer call, my fingers hit soft buttons which reject call. :( The alarms you set cannot be deleted... I called ATT who sent me to Samsung who said they don't know how to delete the alarms (!).  You just have to turn them off and then keep changing them.  Phone will not recognize my Bluetooth headset, but it was no problem for my Sony.  The Samsung screens are clunky and the backlight doesn't stay on long enough.  Just a really cheap phone and it shows.  I do NOT recommend this phone, even if it is free.  Not worth the aggravation of trying to use it to suit your needs because it is not flexible enough.  Two thumbs waaaaay down.

Anonymous posted on Nov 22, 2009, 1:27 PM

I am very dissapointed with this phone. It doesn't ring loud enough and you can't change the volume to suit.
 It cuts out a lot when you are on the phone. All in all it is not a good quality phone. The features are not near as good as the LG i had in the begining.

DevinD posted on Sep 19, 2009, 4:25 PM

decent phone

Considering that this phone didn't cost me a thing after rebate, simply by extending my contract, I think this is a nice little phone.  I've always owned a Nokia, and this A237 is every bit as good quality.  All I need is a dependable phone...no gimmicks, games or even internet.  Has worked very well for me for over 8 months now.

Pros

• Small, inexpensive, easy to hold, bright display

Cons

• Volume buttons on side to easy to change when fumbling to open it up...display doesn't stay lit long enough

Marguerite Holdenried posted on Sep 17, 2009, 8:10 PM

Hard to use

My calls coming in do not give me enough time to answer and call to to voice mail.  When I do attempt to get to it and flip the phone open my fingers hit the soft button on the side and it rejects the call.  I set my ringer to loud and it enjs but moving back to soft.

The most annoying thing is that the instruction book is useless.  It does not give detailed step by step directions on how to do anyting on it.   That is why I came to the web site, hoping to get some information on how to work all the things on it.

Pros

• nice looking

Cons

• short rings
  • buttons in wrong place for rejecting a call
  • Instructions useless

A Techo Terrified Parent who Knew What To Do! posted on Aug 01, 2009, 3:19 PM

A pretty cool phone!

This phone is pretty good. The ring time, or how many times the phone rings before sending the caller to the answering machine, was set to zero by default!!! In the other review for this phone, "cell phone dissapointed user" had this problem too, and it caused her to return it and buy something else.
THIS IS HOW TO FIX THIS ANNOYING THING!
To solve this, I called 611 and told a customer service lady to fix it. She extended it so it now rings for 30 seconds before going to the voice mail.
Tell the representative "When someone calls me, the phone only rings two times, and the caller gets sent to my voice mail, and I get told that I missed the call. Please extend my ring time, if that is possible.
They are very friendly and easy to understand.
As for fancy services like texting, "eMedia," games, and the internet, we have just switched over from just landline, and I have no need for things like that. I assume that it is ok, as far as a phone goes.
It is very good, if you know how to switch off the annoying features and extend the ring time.

Pros

• Service Rep's are helpful and friendly.
  • USB Support - easy to transfer photos (you don't have to email them to yourself, costing big minutes)

Cons

• The internet browser is easy to open by mistake (you just have to press OK from the main screen), and it is expensive (I think).
  • Ring time set to 0 by default - CALL 611 TO FIX!!

Kathryn Mudurian posted on Feb 04, 2009, 5:43 PM

cell phone disappointed user SGH-a237

This is the worst phone I have ever had.  When I answer the phone it tells me I missed a call.  When I try calling the person back it takes me to their voicemail.  My husband misses calls from me all the time.  Today he missed an important call made from the hospital to him to come pick me up after a procedure where I was given an anesthetic.  I called him to test the phone and it rang fine, but it left a message on his phone that he missed a call from me.  I was taking a nap after my procedure at the hospital and my cell phone rang.  It said it was from my husband and that I missed his call.  I called him back and it rang and rang and went to his voice mail.  I finally called him again thinking it was an emergency, he answered, and said he had not called me, he was in the kitchen downstairs from where I was calling him.  This is the WORST CELL PHONE!!!  I AM TAKING THEM BACK!!!
When you try to answer it there is no indentation that your finger can open it with without somehow managing to hang up the call.  This phone Samsung SGH-a237 is a disaster.

Pros

• Nothing good

Cons

• Horrible phone

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless