Want a free VR headset? Buy an LG G3 (US only)
LG now has a gift for customers who are buying its G3 smartphone in the US: a free VR headset (while supplies last). Initially, this offer was supposed to be available starting last month, but it's better late than never, right?
The LG G3 with free VR headset is available only at "participant stores" across the US. Unfortunately, there's no mention on exactly which stores are included. Moreover, the VR headset that LG is giving away is nothing more than a G3-taylored plastic variant of the Google Cardboard (which can be purchased for $20), so it's definitely not as expensive as Samsung's Gear VR. Even so, most LG G3 buyers will probably appreciate the gift.
Together with the virtual reality headset, LG is offering a QR code that lets customers receive "a free download of select VR gaming content."
As a reminder, the G3 smartphone currently costs less than $500 off contract. But you can win a VR headset from LG even if you don't buy the handset (see the second source link below for more details).
sources: LG (1), (2)
- Display 5.5" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 1064; Member since: May 08, 2013
posted on Mar 31, 2015, 7:33 PM 5
PhoneArena Comments Rules
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):