Update to OnePlus X starts rolling out; no, it's not Marshmallow
When your OnePlus X receives the update to Oxygen 2.2.2, you will see a notification on your handset. At that point, before you start the process of downloading and installing the new files, you need to make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and are using a battery that has been fully charged. Because Oxygen 2.2.2 is being disseminated OTA on a staggered basis, it might not hit your phone for a few days yet. If you're impatient, you can try to coax the update out of your phone manually by going to Settings > About phone > System update > Check for update.
The changelist for Oxygen 2.2.2 includes:
- Upgraded camera to version 1.4 UI
- Improved camera frame rate performance
- Added trusted face unlock security option
- Updated Swiftkey to version 6.3.3
- Updated carrier name mapping
- Added July security patches
- Fixed default SIM card selection issue
- Fixed network operator selection issue
- Fixed screen rotation issue
- General improvements and bug fixes
The update weighs in the neighborhood of 325MB.