It was just 10 days ago when Sony said the Xperia P
will be updated to Android Ice Cream Sandwich "in a few weeks"
, and said update is already rolling out of the conveyor belts.
Sony just issued a statement on its blog that it has started supplying the owners of the Xperia P with the awaited ICS update that brings a number of new apps and improvements along:
- Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
The update will be rolling out gradually to all regions and countries, taking a few weeks to reach everybody, and it will be available OTA for the most part, but also via PC Companion or Bridge for Macs for some handsets. Sony says next in line are the Xperia U
, Xperia sola
and the tough Xperia go
, so we'll keep our eyes peeled.