Sony Xperia P Android ICS update rolling out - Xperia U, sola and go to follow
posted by Daniel P. / Aug 17, 2012, 8:02 AM
Sony just issued a statement on its blog that it has started supplying the owners of the Xperia P with the awaited ICS update that brings a number of new apps and improvements along:
- Some of the cool features and functionality you can look forward to include:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
The update will be rolling out gradually to all regions and countries, taking a few weeks to reach everybody, and it will be available OTA for the most part, but also via PC Companion or Bridge for Macs for some handsets. Sony says next in line are the Xperia U, Xperia sola and the tough Xperia go, so we'll keep our eyes peeled.
- Display 4.0" 540 x 960 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 0.3 MP VGA front
- Processor ST Erricson NovaThor U8500, Dual-core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 16 GB
- Battery 1305 mAh(5.00h 3G talk time)
Posts: 67; Member since: Apr 12, 2008
Really wish Sony would stop jumping over the Ion with these ICS updates.
posted on Aug 17, 2012, 9:27 AM 0
Posts: 462; Member since: May 09, 2012
go to xda flash lt28h ics rom = u get ics !
posted on Aug 17, 2012, 9:29 AM 0
Posts: 2; Member since: Aug 16, 2012
I completely agree with you. I don't know why Sony keeps ignoring the Ion (LT28i). We deserve ICS if not JB for the long, long, long wait. Come on Sony!!! Get it Together!!!
posted on Aug 17, 2012, 10:41 AM 2
Posts: 327; Member since: Jun 11, 2012
the xperia pro is still waiting in the shadows for the ICS update.......
posted on Aug 17, 2012, 9:32 AM 0
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):