Microsoft reveals what's coming to Office for Android and iOS in August
For example, Android users will be getting updates for Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Here is what Microsoft plans to add this month to these Office apps:
- Word – Zooming made easy: Zoom snaps to fit documents to your screen with no wasted space.
- PowerPoint – 1. Add sound and video right from your phone: On the go? No problem. Insert audio and video files from your phone or tablet; 2. Zoom with precision: Pinch out to get a closer look at your slides whether you're editing or just reading, and easily flip between Portrait and Landscape orientation as you review your presentation.
- Outlook – 1. Quick reply: Reply to a message quickly in the context of a conversation; 2. Files at your fingertips: Access and view all of your files your Group is work on directly from the Group Details page.
As far as the iOS version of Office Mobile goes, there aren't too many changes that Microsoft plans to release this month. In fact, Outlook is the only iOS app that will get new features in August:
- Events at a glance: Wondering about past and upcoming group events? Check out the group card and stay in the know.
- Block external images: You asked for it! Prevent senders from tracking whether you opened their emails by blocking links to external images in messages.
If you're enrolled in the Office Insiders program, you should already have access to the new changes. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a bit until Microsoft makes them available to everyone.