Facebook for Windows Phone sees some tasty new additions with its latest software update
Call it a major overhaul, but version 2.5 of the Facebook app for Windows Phones packs an extensive amount of new features and functionality that easily bridges the desktop and mobile experiences. However, before you go ahead installing this newest update, it’s detailed that you’ll need to have Windows Phone 7.5 installed on your device.
Already presented with a unique experience, version 2.5 of the Facebook app features the following new items:
- Threaded messaging: Full Facebook threaded messaging, including group messaging.
- Better tagging: Now you can tag friends and locations in your posts in the “with” and “at” format.
- Wall cleanup: Use tap and hold to delete posts and comments from your Wall.
- Hot links: Links in posts are now tappable.
- More to “Like”: You can now Like comments,
So there you go Windows Phone owners out there, as you’re given yet more love with the popular app. Indeed, Windows Phone has built-in Facebook functionality with things like the People Hub, but it’s quite apparent that the standalone app is still going to be the preferred method for most people.
source: Microsoft & Windows Phone Marketplace via Mobileburn