NVIDIA Shield 7.2 update brings customizable Quick Settings, Amazon Music support, more
For example, you can now say “Open Hulu on SHIELD” or “Turn off SHIELD” when you're using a Google Home device. Amazon Echo owner will now be able to use voice commands like “Open Prime Video on SHIELD” or “Turn up volume on SHIELD.”
Furthermore, update 7.2 adds Amazon Music support and customizable Quick Settings (Settings / System / Customize Quick Settings). Also, if you have a soundbar, you can now power it on and off via IR connection. You can find below some other enhancements included in update 7.2:
- Adds option to auto-upgrade SHIELD (Settings > About > System upgrade > Auto-upgrade);
- Adds support for SMBv3 when mounting network storage (NAS or PC) to SHIELD;
- Automatically sets color mode when playing Rec. 709 content;
- Adds option to sleep idle USB drives (Settings > Storage & reset > Sleep drives when idle);
- Fixes BT remote pairing issues (disable Settings > Security & restrictions > Bluetooth LE Privacy);
- Adds network link speed when connected via Ethernet (Settings > Network > Connected);
- [SHIELD 2015 and Pro] Adds notification to migrate app data from SD Card to internal storage;
- Adds ability to control TV/AVR volume over HDMI-CEC from Amazon Echo;
- Adds option to disconnect Bluetooth audio devices;
- Improves responsiveness of SHIELD TV mobile app when connected over Wi-Fi.
Last but not least, many of the apps that come pre-loaded on the Android TV box have been updated and NVIDIA included the latest monthly Android security updates as well.