Beta update to BBM for Android adds support for groups of 300 people, desktop chats and more
You can get to BBM Desktop (which is in beta) by tapping on the Me icon on the bottom of the screen. Click on BBM Desktop, go to web.bbmessaging.com on your home computer, and use the in-app BBM camera on your phone to scan the barcode. You will then receive a URL that will take you to BBM Desktop. Check the image at the top of this story.
The complete changelist for the update includes:
- BBM Desktop: Extend your chat to desktop.
- The more, the merrier! Group chat now supports up to 300 members!
- BBMoji is now accessible from the 'Me' tab.
- On call screen notifies when callee is busy via message and tone.
- Show off samples of your newly downloaded sticker on Feeds & Timeline.
- Share any type of document faster via 1:1 and Group chat.
Keep in mind, you have to be a BBM beta tester in order to get these new features. If all goes well, they could eventually make their way to the public version of the messaging app.